• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ShamanOrcishWarlord

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Hello pplz, this is my Orcish Warlord skin, plz i need coments (good ones, not flames) and ways to improve it.
Path: units\Orc\Shaman\Shaman.blp
Contents

ShamanOrcishWarlord (Texture)

Reviews
THE_END: Please just delete your Photoshop copy immediately

M

THE_END: Please just delete your Photoshop copy immediately

Level 13
I suggest doing some more freehand. Like tiny details that take forever, yet look good later. Dodn't use too many filters, beccause then it loses it's touch. If you want to make it unique, sit and think of what would look awseome. Then make sketches of it. Mimic your work onto a skin then you've got a high detail skin. :)

Level 16
Filters=bad
CnP=depends, usually ok, excluding worm and saik
Freehand=depends, but can be really good.
The clothes are really bland, and you didn't crop the screenshot, which kills loading time to an eternity. Some parts are really crappy in terms of that they almost overlap

Level 13
Hello pplz, this is my Orcish Warlord skin, plz i need coments (good ones, not flames) and ways to improve it.
Yes, dont do filters, like i said many times, that only make you go down the ladder of sucess instead of climbing it like everyone would wishes to.

In a nutshell, everything that wasnt freehanded you makes you worse at skinning, dont even Cnp and tweak the cnp, that's not freehanding. freehanding is making something new with your own abilities ( not the ability to choose from a menu, im talking about the one where you can create with your artistic values ).

freehanding is best used when it also changes the original concept the skin once had ( if you edit a grunt, dont just give him a new armor, that's lame. make him a vine monster, or turn him into an elf, or even better, make him a earth elemental. )