• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Shadow stalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
You can use the Ghost ability for your Shadowy Beast. It will make the unit invisible and able to walk through other units. Locust ability would make the unit unclickable. Perheaps you want it invulnerable aswell. These abilities are up to you how you want the spell to function.

You will need knowledge of dummy units and dummy spells for this trigger.
I made it so that the Shadowy Beast will die if the Target cant be seen by the player using the ability.
Note that this trigger as is will only work if used no more than 1 time every 21 seconds.

Shadowy Beast Trigger 1

A unit starts the effect of an ability
Ability being cast equal to Shadowy Beast
Set Target = Target unit of ability being cast
Set Point = Position of (Target)
Create a Shadowy Beast at Point
call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
Set Shadowy_Beast = Last created unit
Add 20 seconds expiration timer to Shadowy_Beast
Order Shadowy_Beast to follow Target
Turn on Shadowy Beast 2

Shadowy Beast Trigger 2

Every 1 seconds of game time
Set Beast_Loc_1 = Position of Target
Set Beast_Loc_2 = Position of Shadowy_Beast

If
Distance between position of Beast_Loc_1 and Beast_Loc_2 greater than 800
Then
Cause Shadowy_Beast to damage Target dealing 200 damage of type spells and damage type normal
Kill Shadowy_Beast
Set Target = No unit
Set Shadowy_Beast = No unit
Trigger turn off this trigger
Else
If
Or any conditions are true
Shadowy_Beast is dead equal to true
Target is visible to (Owner of Unit (Shadowy_Beast)) equal to false
Then
Kill Shadowy_Beast
Set Target = No unit

call RemoveLocation(udg_Beast_Loc_1)
call RemoveLocation(udg_Beast_Loc_2)

Level 5
You can use the Ghost ability for your Shadowy Beast. It will make the unit invisible and able to walk through other units. Locust ability would make the unit unclickable. Perheaps you want it invulnerable aswell. These abilities are up to you how you want the spell to function.

You will need knowledge of dummy units and dummy spells for this trigger.
I made it so that the Shadowy Beast will die if the Target cant be seen by the player using the ability.
Note that this trigger as is will only work if used no more than 1 time every 21 seconds.

Shadowy Beast Trigger 1

A unit starts the effect of an ability
Ability being cast equal to Shadowy Beast
Set Target = Target unit of ability being cast
Set Point = Position of (Target)
Create a Shadowy Beast at Point
call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
Set Shadowy_Beast = Last created unit
Add 20 seconds expiration timer to Shadowy_Beast
Order Shadowy_Beast to follow Target
Turn on Shadowy Beast 2

Shadowy Beast Trigger 2

Every 1 seconds of game time
Set Beast_Loc_1 = Position of Target
Set Beast_Loc_2 = Position of Shadowy_Beast

If
Distance between position of Beast_Loc_1 and Beast_Loc_2 greater than 800
Then
Cause Shadowy_Beast to damage Target dealing 200 damage of type spells and damage type normal
Kill Shadowy_Beast
Set Target = No unit
Else
If
Or any conditions are true
Shadowy_Beast is dead equal to true
Target is visible to (Owner of Unit (Shadowy_Beast)) equal to false
Then
Kill Shadowy_Beast
Set Target = No unit

call RemoveLocation(udg_Beast_Loc_1)
call RemoveLocation(udg_Beast_Loc_2)

I have knowledge of dummy and I did as you said and it worked perfectly thank U soooooo much man:)
but I used shadow strike ability for the base ability can u tell me how to use channel ability for it? I dont know how to use channel ability.

Level 20
Yes ofcourse, I learned how it worked from reading this:
Spells - Channel

A fun idea for your spell is to have a dummy unit cast faerie fire on the target, this way the target is always visible to the caster unless the buff is dispelled at which point the Shadowy Beast is killed? The target would also know that its being stalked if it pays attention. Another condition for when killing the Shadowy Beast would then be Target has buff equal to false. I also think the periodic event could be much lower than one second if it feels slow.

Level 5
Yes ofcourse, I learned how it worked from reading this:
Spells - Channel

A fun idea for your spell is to have a dummy unit cast faerie fire on the target, this way the target is always visible to the caster unless the buff is dispelled at which point the Shadowy Beast is killed? The target would also know that its being stalked if it pays attention. Another condition for when killing the Shadowy Beast would then be Target has buff equal to false. I also think the periodic event could be much lower than one second if it feels slow.

thank U for the channel and yeah it is a good idea I’ll use that with a shadow buff model
thank u again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.