• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[2D Art] Shading Tutorial by Jacky

Hope you like it
179238-albums2450-picture32741.png

Attachments

• Tut 2.png
    Tut 2.png
    260.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
First of all all tutorials here must have some kind of form!
That means something like:
Introduction: Say why we need this tut, what we can learn etc etc!
Requirements: What programs or skills we need to use this one!
Main part of tut (well you have only this one :p)
Few more words about whole tut, some more links etc etc!

Please read: Rules
and
How to properly format a tutorial - Please read before posting!

About tutorial:

It is hard to learn only by looking at picture!
You need to show more examples:
BAD and GOOD ones (what to or not to do)!

P.S. there is 2 many tutorials about shading, try to be more creative!
I Vote for Rejection...

Level 7
I think you should probably cut out each necessary picture, put all most of the text in the post, and insert the pictures wherever they're needed. This will make the tutorial much easier to correct (because there are definitely grammatical errors), and it will make it easier on the moderators, when/if they decide to change some formatting or phrasing.

And, as -Kobas- said, there needs to be some sort of preamble, and ideally some sort of closing segment.

This needs some grammar fixes, and I also think this could use a bit more examples of shading; for example, with different objects, or even with multiple light sources. That would make it a bit more separate from the other tutorials that we have. For now I will graveyard it, but tell me if you are willing to update it and I'll take it back out.