• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Setting non-dead doors to block sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.
I need to make doors that block line of sight towards the opposite direction until someone destroys them. Is there any way to do that WITHOUT using LoS blockers?

Tried so far:
- Changing Occlusion Height - no result.
- Changing Cliff Height - no result.
- Changing Fog Radius - that made the doors shaded but didn't stop seeing through them.

Level 10
y WITHOUT LoS blockers? I mean all you have to do is a simple trigger for when they die to remove the LoS blockers

Maybe a vision modify in a trigger
Event map initialization
Action If condition then, else do
Condition Gate is destroyed
Then Remove visibility modifier (variable: DeadVis)
Else Create Visibllity modifer (variable: DeadVis) enabling black mask for (variable playergroup: AllPlayers) in region Left Side of Gate

Level 3
You could use hidden destructibles (like trees) to block sight and/or pathing and then remove them when the gate is destroyed.

Level 3
I just mentioned this method is not effective... Please read the whole thread before posting replies.
I assumed you were referring specifically to the Line of Sight Blocker that is classified as a Pathing Blocker doodad.

Alternatively, you could use a region and visibility modifiers to force the specific area on either side of the gate to be Masked or Fog-of-War until the gate is destroyed.
EDIT: Ok >_< I actually didn't read XPQJs post.... Sorry...

Last edited:
Level 10
Alternatively, you could use a region and visibility modifiers to force the specific area on either side of the gate to be Masked or Fog-of-War until the gate is destroyed.

Yeah I already suggested that seems he did not like it, I am curious to see a new style of doing this. So I'm watching this thread to see any neat ideas ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.