• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

setting game time equal to real time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, I had a question regarding this, from what I understand 3 in-game minutes are roughly equal to 1 second, so in order to make game time equal to real time (game minute = real minutes) I would have to make them 3 * 60 times longer

basically by doing this
  • Game - Set time of day speed to 0.55% of the default speed
can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Also I was trying to make a countdown timer which is meant to count down from 2hours 30 minutes to zero, basically marking sundown, is there any way to keep the timer and the time of day clock in sync?

Level 11
I was asking how exactly would you make sure the time of day clock is sync to a multiboard timer

would it just be setting a periodic timer that expires every 5 minutes or so and forces the time to day clock to a specific values depending on how many times it has expired?
I know the .55% rate would not make 1 minute of ingame time equal to exactly 1 minute of real time, so after 40 or 50 minutes or so it would be off by as much as 45 seconds or a minute...that is why re-syncing is necessary

Level 10
Ok, I had a question regarding this, from what I understand 3 in-game minutes are roughly equal to 1 second, so in order to make game time equal to real time (game minute = real minutes) I would have to make them 3 * 60 times longer

1) In default gameplay constants, 1 game-day = 480s/8m real time. The game use day to count, so I don't get the part "Game's minute = Real minute". IIRC, these two's only use is in wait and polled wait.

2) By manually it means:
  • Game - Set time of day speed to 0.00% of the default speed
  • Game - Set the time of day to (Time_Hr + (Time_Min / 60.00))
Also I was trying to make a countdown timer which is meant to count down from 2hours 30 minutes to zero, basically marking sundown, is there any way to keep the timer and the time of day clock in sync

If you want to set real 2.5hrs =game's 6am (dawn) to 18pm (dusk), either do as above, or change the gameplay constants to 18,000 (1 gameday = real 5hrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.