• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

setting attachment node for impact projectile effects for models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi all,

I was wondering how to add attachment nodes for models in the War3 Model Editor which show the impact of instant projectiles on the model (like GyroCopterImpact). I know how to add an origin attachment node in the node manager, but that seems to only show visual effects from abilities but not from instant projectiles.

Thanks in advance! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 17
instant projectiles?
, in the object editor you can select 'instant' for an unit's attack. So e.g. like the Rifleman, Flying Machine etc. has. Problem is that I imported some custom models that do not show the visual effects when an unit is firing at them and the firing unit has an 'instant' attack. Probably because the custom unit model lacks an attachment point for this (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.