• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] change the target impact point of storm bolt projectile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey there,

Is there a way to change the height the storm bolt projectile hits it's target? the ability doesn't have a field for changing the projectile impact target Z value, and has no target attachments specified on default so I don't think that would do it.

thanks!

Level 13
Storm Bolt's projectile checks and follows a unit height from unit data field: Art - Projectile Impact - Z. In other words, you'd have to adjust that field for each unit, but be wary it also affects missiles/ranged attacks.

Level 13
As of now, I don't think the trigger editor is capable of modifying that field. I've tested it with the following line of code, but nothing seemed to happen.
JASS:
call BlzSetUnitRealField(unit, ConvertUnitRealField('uimz'), 200.) // uimz = Art - Projectile Impact - Z

Status
Not open for further replies.