• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Set Projectile speed "mid air"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, does anyone have an idea how to change the projectile speed, of for example the mortar missiles, mid air? So that first theyare slow, then get super fast at once.

I tried it with "Set Unit Weapon Real field - Projectile speed" Trigger, but it didnt work as intended. The missiles disappeared when using this trigger...

Level 14
Hello, does anyone have an idea how to change the projectile speed, of for example the mortar missiles, mid air? So that first theyare slow, then get super fast at once.

I tried it with "Set Unit Weapon Real field - Projectile speed" Trigger, but it didnt work as intended. The missiles disappeared when using this trigger...

There is no way to do this with existing weapon type settings.

You'd have to look into a missile system that

a) lets you generate a missile that has a scaling projectile speed
or
b) lets you interact with the missile object after it's created (i.e. run a timer and increment its speed until it dies)

JASS options exist, not sure a Lua one does (yet):
[vJASS] - Missile
[System] Custom Projectiles

Status
Not open for further replies.