• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Server Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am wondering why the server splits in warhammer 40k td on lvl 16 whenever someone clicks on a boss.Can someone please tell me why?

Level 2
It's not clicking that does it...

After much testing, I've found that it's not clicking on the boss that causes a server split. In the newest version, you can click on the 16 boss to your heart's content - if you block him, however, that will cause a split.

BTW, server splits are when something happens in the game to drop one or more players randomly. The dropped ones will either be dropped out of the map, or keep playing with their own version sans "non dropped" players - hence, the split.

Level 2
Do I get a cookie?

Good good good!

Is there something different about the level 16 boss' pathing code? *cough**cough* You can block all the other bosses...not that I...err...do that...often...or anything. :p :D :p

Level 2
The reason I ask is because the split doesn't just happen if there's blocking - if the pathing is confused (by someone building weird mazes in the middle, for instance) then that causes a split too.

Thanks again!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
SCorinWC. said:
The reason I ask is because the split doesn't just happen if there's blocking - if the pathing is confused (by someone building weird mazes in the middle, for instance) then that causes a split too.

Thanks again!
The only difference is that a boss is targeted as an Ancient but that has only to do with the abilities that targets it.. else it's like a normal unit with lots of life.

Level 2
Server Split: A server split is when a Warcraft III map splits into two seperate servers. On the 'original' server half of the people will be while the people dropped from the 'original' server will have their own little server with the other dropped people. These happen to large maps and it is unknown why these happen. There is no current way to fix server splits unless you rescript the whole game.

Way to prevent: On level 16 ONLY put the skills on auto cast and make it imposible to click the hero. Should be fairly simple to do and effective.

Level 2
Yeah, it doesn't matter if you click the level 16 boss or not. It's when the pathing is blocked that the server splits.

Test it out, you'll find out the same thing.

Level 2
Ralle said:
The only difference is that a boss is targeted as an Ancient but that has only to do with the abilities that targets it.. else it's like a normal unit with lots of life.

Is it any different from the other bosses, though? Or is the coding for the level 16 mob any different from the levels 24, 30, or 32 mobs?

Level 2
Maybe in the portion of the object that refers to its pathing? There's no difference there, either?

Don't mean to bug ya', just being thorough :)

Thanks!

Level 6
I have seen a server split a couple of times early on impossible (different levels before 5). Or maybe a couple of people left at exactly the same time on multiple occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.