• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Serenity Isle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I also entered the terraining contest for making the best fortress. This is my Nightelf Fortress "Serenity" dedicated to deckboy. Lemme know what you guys think.

druidsfishing8kn.jpg

entrance0kh.jpg

harbor4df.jpg

huntersisle4ns.jpg

innermostcourts7dk.jpg

treetops0lh.jpg

Level 13
Updated

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I still have alot to do but heres some of the new screenies:

Attachments

• Wardens Army.JPG
    Wardens Army.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Traceys Armory.JPG
    Traceys Armory.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Eastern Shoreline.JPG
    Eastern Shoreline.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Night Elf Harbor.JPG
    Night Elf Harbor.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Druids Hut.JPG
    Druids Hut.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Serenitys Treetops.JPG
    Serenitys Treetops.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Matri Isle.JPG
    Matri Isle.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 173
Level 13
Druids Hut is brilliant ! Wondeful entry ...

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

EDIT: How did you do this, I tried to copy it, for additional knowlege, I failed ...

Basically i just stacked the models ontop eachother by holding the shift key. Then after I got them stacked just right I raised each model until they were ontop eachother. (basically, I built it similar to how you would construct a real log cabin)
Some of your units have shadows, some not ...
Yea, some of the units are actually doodads :wink:

Wow, im glad to see the positive comments! Thats a good sign lol.
Anyway, i got 2 more pics (they dont shot alot but i changed a few details), hoping for some more feedback. Thanks alot guys!

Attachments

• Rui.JPG
    Rui.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Warden Army CC.JPG
    Warden Army CC.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Level 8
Basically i just stacked the models ontop eachother by holding the shift key. Then after I got them stacked just right I raised each model until they were ontop eachother. (basically, I built it similar to how you would construct a real log cabin)

Yea, some of the units are actually doodads :wink:

Thanks, and you can't add shadows to doodads :smile:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That's very good. The one I referred previously looks better now.

By the way, how was it that you set doodads flying again? I mean, placing them in the air, for example, without having to increase their height? I did that once but I haven't terrained those special stuff for so long that I have forgotten.

Level 8
When are the map ready to be played?

This map won't be able to play, as I think, cause it's just to show off your Fortress for the Fortress Challenge ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Rui : I private messaged him for the same question ... and here's the answer:

Easist thing to do is just go into object editor and change pathing maps to none and collision to 0

So my question, are your "flying" stuff all units ? Cause I can not change any parameter in Doodad section called "Collision" ... that's why I asked, and I do not think these are untis ... (sorry for off topic, but I think it would help all terrainer)

Level 8
Yes, as they said. Ctrl + Page Up moves a doodad up and down. And its easier to stack them when you remove their pathing. :wink: Anyway, new pics soon. Hopefully going to upload the map today, having a little trouble with the cine.

I got it (finally) ... now I am back again ... old style out, new one in !
Something so simple ... CTRL + PAGE UP ... always tried with Shift :sad:

I hope I finish my Fortress in the next days ...

Good Luck Herio-san :thumbs_up:

Level 13
All done :thumbs_up: Ill upload the map as soon as I work out a few bugs (aka. im not happy with the start cine/gameplay)
As far as cosmetics go though, its finished. Lemme know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Contest Entry 2.JPG
    Contest Entry 2.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Contest Entry 5.JPG
    Contest Entry 5.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Contest Entry 4.JPG
    Contest Entry 4.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Contest Entry 3.JPG
    Contest Entry 3.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Contest Entry 1.JPG
    Contest Entry 1.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Contest Entry 6.JPG
    Contest Entry 6.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Contest Entry 7.JPG
    Contest Entry 7.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Contest Entry 8.JPG
    Contest Entry 8.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Contest Entry 9.JPG
    Contest Entry 9.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Druids Fishing.JPG
    Druids Fishing.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 92
Level 8
Omg amazing. If only we could use something other than blizzard trees, those are the only bad part about it :( of course not something that can be helped though. I liked the armory and love the mushrooms growing off the large trees, looks very jungly.

But for the life of me i cant figure out what that flying thing is in the Inner Courts picture, thats gonna really bug me xD

Level 3
hey ppl, sorry to bother you, but i'm a bit of a terraining noob and i would very much like to know how to make doodads float, and how to make them tilt like 90 degrees or 180 degrees so that they are upside down. i have seen it being done, but i have no idea how to do it myself. i would be forever in your debt if you help me :wink: ...ok maybe not forever :smile: ...

p.s. i really like your work, we warcraft junkies need ppl like you! haha

Level 8
@unholy_fenix: Go to Maximum pitch and roll like happycow said and shift click the object data. Then you have to entire a negative number to get it to turn. I've noticed -3.14ish seems to turn an object upside down, and -1.57 to turn it on its side. Pitch and rolll seem to have the same effect when used individually. Sometimes you can combine them to turn it in a new way as well

Note: you might need to have negative values checked in the editor preferences.

Note 2: rotated objects have a tendency to turn when placed on some form of slope, this can be fixed manually however

Status
Not open for further replies.