• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Selling trigger - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufo

ufo

Level 2
I've started experimenting with a map, where one of the sources of income is trading. Buying a thing somewhere and selling it elsewhere.

I found no function in the object editor that allowed the items to be at different prices at different shops, so I toyed with the triggers. This is the closest I've come to making something that should make it work, but it doesn't:

Events
-Unit A Unit Sells an item (from shop)*
Conditions
-(Unit Type of (Buying unit)) Equal to Los Isle Shipyard
-(Item-type of (Sold item)) Equal to Cannonball**
Actions
-Player - Add 10 to (triggering player) Current gold

*I have also tried "Pawns an item (to shop)".
**Cannonball is a custom item.

Currently, I only get the 5 gold I would have gotten normally also. With this trigger, I should get 15 gold total.

What would make this work?

ufo

ufo

Level 2
Humm... nevermind, I made it work.

I found out that when I had tried the event

Unit Pawns an item (to shop)

one of the actions had been different.

I have another question, though it's not trigger related, I believe. I might ask here as well, anyways:

Players 5, 6 and 10 are all computer players. However. When starting the game, none of the three computer players "participate". In that, none of them are actually in the game, only their units and team colors. There's also 2 human players. While testing, I've only been playing Player 1. Player 2 shows up with the name "Computer (Normal)" when loading, even though set with the name Player 2 and Controller set to user.

Que?

ufo

ufo

Level 2
what's the problem? everything sound fine
when you start a melee map, you can set one of the user slot to a computer
that's the same on a custom map

Ah, that's because I start the map from the editor when testing. I'll just have to go all the way in the game first, then :p

EDIT: No, wait a second. The players set to 'computer' shouldn't even be selectable as someone you want to play, should they?

EDIT2: It's much easier if I upload the map, and you guy(s) can look at it. There's more triggers that don't really work, but they're not of much concern now. The actual map name is not 'flimflam'.

Attachments

• flimflam.w3x
    104.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.