• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selling a Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im trying to find a good way to sell a tower, i know to make the spell, give it to the tower, make the trigger thats like
  • Sell Tower
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sell Tower
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game
      • Player - Add ((Point-value of (Casting unit)) / 3) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold
But what i don't know what to do is say how much the tower is selling for. Not the game text on the side cause thats annoying. But the little +5 thing right above the tower that raises then disappears.

I tried it with a floating text but if i sold to many of them to fast then one of the texts would stay there.

*Also if you could tell me how to sell multiple towers at the same time that would be awesome. Right now you have to click 12 times to sell 12 towers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I tried it with a floating text but if i sold to many of them to fast then one of the texts would stay there.
You must make them not permantent and also add fade point and timeout. This will make them auto destroy themselves and thus have no problem if there are too many.

To sell all towers at once, you need to make the sell ability based on a simultanious cast ability that all selected units cast. Mana shield springs to mind as you have probably seen that behaviour exibited in swat aftermath where you could activate it for all of the selected units (ignoring different types).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some require the sell to be ordered twice. Others allow it to be cancled and only seel after 5 seconds from starting to sell the tower. Stuff like that.

Generally if your sell button is far away from other action buttons it is fine and you could get away without one. However if your sell is nexto to an upgrade button, then all it takes is a accidental slip and you can lose a lot of towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.