• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Self-motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

alright, one more question that i need to ask to you guys.
how do you guys keep yourself motivated to finish up something? like some project or stuff like that. or motivate yourself to create or do something. i feel the lack of motivation is really holding me back to finish up my stuff.

and don't give me that " shia labeouf just do it " speech :3

Level 15
Its okay to lose motivation on something like game projects. I abandon more than 5 major game projects last time and finally, by accumulating all ideas that i once thought and abandoned, i created another game project with those ideas and experience.

With that, i will never lose interest and thats how I encourage myself to finish it up. The project that i mention is in my signature~~

Good luck.

Level 28
But I HAVE to post the Shia Speech.

Do it etc.

Anyways, I try to keep myself motivated with say, vague deadlines - just vague so it's not too bad if I mess up; if the project actually HAS a deadline you might be like me who postpones everything until the last days and then work way too much.
I don't know if this works for you, tho.
Other ways of motivation concerning audiovisual media might be like, working on something similar for a while and I suppose a lot of people here -if not most- have done at least 3-4 types of maps or spells for example.
Personally, I lost my wc3 mapping motivation while bugfixing a map - for a good month so I started creating spells for a change.

We also have a few other threads which ask the same thing.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/how-do-i-deal-laziness-259566/ for example.
Or, OR! you could start something completely different you've never done before.
How about you start climbing as a spot?
In case you're like me, lazy, you won't do that and if you are lazy, you'll be wanting to do something easier so why not start 3D Modelling or Video editing?
You could surely grab a DVD from somewhere and copy it on your pc but instead of using simple programs like xvid4psp, you make use of avisynth scripts and learn to properly use filters to improve the video instead of just making it smaller.
Yeah this sounds way too extreme if you look at it on the first glace, especially because there are tons of filters, maths involved and hundreds of hours of testing and failing but if you're curious about general videos, composition of video and audio, where your TV picture comes from or how to remove that nasty colorbanding from that awesome anime bluray, then you might be open for such a thing.
I think this makes up for the video.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Pure self control.

i think this one is what i lack of :p
wonder how i can achieve it.

Its okay to lose motivation on something like game projects. I abandon more than 5 major game projects last time and finally, by accumulating all ideas that i once thought and abandoned, i created another game project with those ideas and experience.

those attempt doesn't lose in vain huh? :p
good things that you able to finish it.

But I HAVE to post the Shia Speech.

Do it etc.

Anyways, I try to keep myself motivated with say, vague deadlines - just vague so it's not too bad if I mess up; if the project actually HAS a deadline you might be like me who postpones everything until the last days and then work way too much.
I don't know if this works for you, tho.
Other ways of motivation concerning audiovisual media might be like, working on something similar for a while and I suppose a lot of people here -if not most- have done at least 3-4 types of maps or spells for example.
Personally, I lost my wc3 mapping motivation while bugfixing a map - for a good month so I started creating spells for a change.

We also have a few other threads which ask the same thing.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/how-do-i-deal-laziness-259566/ for example.
Or, OR! you could start something completely different you've never done before.
How about you start climbing as a spot?
In case you're like me, lazy, you won't do that and if you are lazy, you'll be wanting to do something easier so why not start 3D Modelling or Video editing?
You could surely grab a DVD from somewhere and copy it on your pc but instead of using simple programs like xvid4psp, you make use of avisynth scripts and learn to properly use filters to improve the video instead of just making it smaller.
Yeah this sounds way too extreme if you look at it on the first glace, especially because there are tons of filters, maths involved and hundreds of hours of testing and failing but if you're curious about general videos, composition of video and audio, where your TV picture comes from or how to remove that nasty colorbanding from that awesome anime bluray, then you might be open for such a thing.
I think this makes up for the video.

:cgrin:

i tried to give myself a deadline for my own project. but i found myself it's really hard when i lost my own motivation to finish it. seems not the solution that i seek.

i indeed have an interest to learn this two things. especially 3d modelling. but i didn't started yet since i want to learn texturing first. and some graphic design and stuff :3

but something that involve a math isn't really my thing. i hardly able to counting stuff. yeah i'm dumb :p

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I'm not as driven as I'd like to be.
But I haven't dropped the projects im supposed to be seeing to completion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

i look at this for motivation ! :
ralle%20%21%20sig%20%21.jpg

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Ralle is just the sweetest web master :3

Level 34
Learn to hold immediate pleasure for future good. It's really hard, but it's often the difference between people who are motivated.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

And now I envy you.

No, seriously, I really envy you.

I'm angry right now.

Can you give me your password or something? I'm sure I wont violate a lot of rules on your behalf.

Yeah.

Umm... well...what can I say... Im awesome ? :p

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I agree with that. As long as you give me your password.

Otherwise no.

You may have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
stay on topic guys.

there is a herb that gives you ambition, that's kinda like motivation

it's called Schisandra

there's another herb that gives you courage which is called borage

and another for inspiration called the Brazilian pepper(Christmas cherry)

combined together and I'm sure you will find your motivation

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
stay on topic guys.

there is a herb that gives you ambition, that's kinda like motivation

it's called Schisandra

there's another herb that gives you courage which is called borage

and another for inspiration called the Brazilian pepper(Christmas cherry)

combined together and I'm sure you will find your motivation

Promoting drugs.
Kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.