• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Self make model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
you know..

this is the first time i am frickin pissed off seeing a thread on a forum...

i respect your motivation you have that you want to start Modelling.

but please use that motivation to search what you want.

"P/S: So many words,see also confused @@"

that really get on my nerves....do you really WANT to model?..

Level 33
12 years old kid is able to model, but for a person like you... you should really start reading/writing first in the real world or exam, it teaches you to be patient on reading tutorials and stuffs
After you've been through all of that things, you will be ready, as you will have an easier way to understand things/words

Level 22
12 years old kid is able to model, but for a person like you... you should really start reading/writing first in the real world or exam, it teaches you to be patient on reading tutorials and stuffs
After you've been through all of that things, you will be ready, as you will have an easier way to understand things/words

This, I am one of the examples.
Learn to read first.

Level 4
Dude, you need to take more iniative. I tried modelling (personally i thought it sucked as it took so much time to learn and helluva lot time to create the models) and it can be hard to chose which tools that are best to use. When i tried modelling i used gmax, a medium-complicated (in my opinion) modelling program that was able to create models for wc3 after converting alot of stuff. You can read about it on this website: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php
Try this website. It could help you out starting.

Level 3
i think you should start by EDITING models instead of doing from A to Z a 3d model with animations... For that you need these tools :
-War3Model Editor (see tools section of the hive)
-War3 ModelViewer (idem)
-Paint.NET (for texturing) <-search it on google, its a free program
-Blp addon for Paint.NEt <-look at tools section
-VertexModify <- tools section
-MdlVis <-see attached files

I think that with these tools and some tutorials you will be able to edit easily models.:thumbs_up:

NOTE : place mdlvis.exe in your warcraft 3 directory in C:/program files/......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.