• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SelectionCircleWitcher.blp

This is a simple skin, used for replacing the selection circle.

It resembles the logo from The Witcher game and book series.

Import this file into your map 3 times so it would work correctly. Import to the following paths:
ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SelectionCircleSmall.blp
ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SelectionCircleMed.blp
ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SelectionCircleLarge.blp

Keywords:
witcher, logo, witch, hunter, monster, selection, circle, user, interface, wolf
Contents

SelectionCircleWitcher.blp (Texture)

Reviews
20:38, 18th Aug 2013 Kwaliti: Could be useful.
Not sure if this is freehand or not, however if you did draw this yourself you did a good job.
It's really simple (obviously, being a selection circle) and I don't have a use for it myself but I am sure others will.

Thanks, I am using it in my current project. I tried looking for one to fit my map theme, and when I failed, I just made one for myself. And since we lack Selection Circles in our resource database, I thought uploading it may help others :D

I don't see how this would be useful as a selection circle, considering that it would need to apply to anything anyone selected in the whole game...

Ever since somebody made a cool custom selection circle a while back, people have started constantly modifying things like selection circles and health bars in ways that aren't even useful in hopes of earning some sort of rating or reputation.

Come on, people, stop trying to be "original" by copying other people. If you can't be original, at least be useful.

This might have some sort of use as an ability art, but as a selection circle? Why?

Last edited:
I don't see how this would be useful as a selection circle, considering that it would apply to anything anyone selected in the whole game...

Ever since somebody made a cool custom selection circle a while back, people have started constantly modifying things like selection circles and health bars in ways that aren't even useful in hopes of earning some sort of rating or reputation.

Come on, people, stop trying to be "original" by copying other people. If you can't be original, at least be useful.

This might have some sort of use as an ability art, but as a selection circle? Why?

If it can't be useful, just let the moderator reject it. I simply wanted to help, I couldn't care less about reputation -_-

Other than in a Withcer-related map?

I guess for Worgen race.

Even if it was for use with a witcher-related map or worgen race, I still don't see why someone would want to use this as a selection circle. It doesn't even have a circle. If it did have a circle around it, I would consider using it as an area of effect circle; it might actually look neat that way. But as a selection circle, for most units it will just not look good and won't really make sense used that way. This sort of design just doesn't work well as a selection circle.