• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Select unit for computer player does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
select... for... computer?

WHY!?!?!?!?

A selection only works for your own computer.
You will never know which units I have selected (except that you see me controlling them).
A computer does not give right click orders... does not have to click in the buttons... does not have to watch unit's health bars... a computer does NOT need selection of units.
In fact... a computer doesnt even have a HUD... probably.

So now back to my question: WHY!?!?!?!?

Level 30
select... for... computer?

WHY!?!?!?!?

A selection only works for your own computer.
You will never know which units I have selected (except that you see me controlling them).
A computer does not give right click orders... does not have to click in the buttons... does not have to watch unit's health bars... a computer does NOT need selection of units.
In fact... a computer doesnt even have a HUD... probably.

So now back to my question: WHY!?!?!?!?

becouse i have a triggers based on player select unit to fire some actions, if i can not issue select command i need to duplicate the triggers to simulate this selection, which is SAD

In my closed version of Slalom Wars, I made an AI for computers (AOS Styled), and a default Melee AI also run there. From what I can gather up, since my map utilize Legal Ease's Custom Selection Model Mark (replacing the circle below units), I can see wether a unit being selected or not.

In my tests, I never see any of the AI unit has this special mark on their units unless I SELECT THEIR UNITS, which means they never select their units at all. Goes for AOS and Melee AI.
Damn right they're cheating!

Status
Not open for further replies.