• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

do AIs ever 'select' units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made an unsuccessful spell that was meant to be triggered when a player selects an unit, but it does not work if it is a machine.
Are you planning to do a system or a spell?
As far as I know, however, having used GUI:
They can be detected if the machine gives them orders as move or attack, but constantly detecting orders can slop a map.
You could try to make a trigger started when an unit enters the map, and check if the owner is a specific player or if it is a machine.

Level 4
I believe that AI does not use any movement system like those performed by any human user.
The reads performed for "Move" or "Patrol", for example, I believe are not part of the path mechanisms performed by the AI.
According to some tests I've done in the past, I realized that the actions issued by the AI are outside the standard commands performed by us users, the movement system seems to be a coding that only performs the emission of troops to a specific point on the map, according to a given situation and/or condition reached within the game.
You see this when you use an Event in the trigger for "A unit Is Issued an order targeting a point", if it is Human Player, it will work, if it is for the AI movement, the event will possibly not happen, because the AI movement mechanism it may not be considered as an order of command.
It would be ideal, you would research more about the AI movement, in some cases there is only one unit (leader) that actually takes the actions that meet the troop emission requirements and the other units just follow the same path points as the lead unit .

Status
Not open for further replies.