• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screen shots showing up blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I browsed through the tutorials for help with screen shots, but I am not finding anything.

I have now taken numerous screen shots, and I have tried viewing them in 2 different programs, including photoshop cs4 and Microsoft picture it. But they are showing up as a solid black screen???

I have tried a few times now, but same result. Was just hoping someone may enlighten me on this subject if I missing something here...

Far as I know... you hold down the CTRL key and hit print screen. You get a little yellow text that appears saying 'captured screen' so what gives with the solid black screen shots I keep getting while trying to view them?

Level 14
I browsed through the tutorials for help with screen shots, but I am not finding anything.

I have now taken numerous screen shots, and I have tried viewing them in 2 different programs, including photoshop cs4 and Microsoft picture it. But they are showing up as a solid black screen???

I have tried a few times now, but same result. Was just hoping someone may enlighten me on this subject if I missing something here...

Far as I know... you hold down the CTRL key and hit print screen. You get a little yellow text that appears saying 'captured screen' so what gives with the solid black screen shots I keep getting while trying to view them?

I have had this same issue, it got something to do with rendering the images from warcraft. What you can do is go into: C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Screenshots

Over there are all the in-game made screenshots. You don't have to press ctrl for them and they are in .tga format so you should be abled to open them with photoshop.

I hope this helps...

Level 5
I have had this same issue, it got something to do with rendering the images from warcraft. What you can do is go into: C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Screenshots

Over there are all the in-game made screenshots. You don't have to press ctrl for them and they are in .tga format so you should be abled to open them with photoshop.

I hope this helps...

Hmmm... appreciate the support Hashjie. You have sparked a thought here on my end. My photo viewing programs are not located on my gaming machine... I moved all of the screenshots TGA's to a memory stick and then tried to view them on a different machine that has CS4 and other photo softwares... I am wondering if thats the problem... Perhaps you have to view them (pull on them) from the original source. Here being the war 3 directory. Seems like I will have to install a photo editing software on the same machine.

Level 14
Hmmm... appreciate the support Hashjie. You have sparked a thought here on my end. My photo viewing programs are not located on my gaming machine... I moved all of the screenshots TGA's to a memory stick and then tried to view them on a different machine that has CS4 and other photo softwares... I am wondering if thats the problem... Perhaps you have to view them (pull on them) from the original source. Here being the war 3 directory. Seems like I will have to install a photo editing software on the same machine.

I'm abled to open them with photoshop CS1 and higher.
Some photoshop versions need a plugin for tga format but CS2 and higher don't need them if I'm correct.
Tell me which editing program you are using and I'll find the plugin for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.