• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screen Shot Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Im having trouble with showing Screenshots at the Hive
Ive already taken a ScreenShot but now i dont know what to do after that

I tryed attaching the screen shot to one of my posts but it said it wasnt the proper file type. I dont know what to do now.

Level 32
Screen Shots VS. Attachments

As a general rule, it's best to use the
tags to display images in the forum. Enter the exact URL of the image to call it to your post from a hosted site like PhotoBucket.

.tga files ARE allowed to be uploaded but it's best not to permanently attach them unless they are part of an important contest, project, or tutorial.

To convert images from one format to another open them with your editing software: PaintShop Pro, Photoshop or whatever, then File>Save As>(desired file type).

Level 3
how bout you try this. if you take a screenshot follow this.

Screenshot-->put into Paint-->edit the photo(move it around and stuff)
-->save file as a JPG/JPEG file--> when making a new thread click the buton that looks like a PAPER CLIP--> browse a slot--> find your file--> press upload--> your done!

Level 6
how bout you try this. if you take a screenshot follow this.

Screenshot-->put into Paint-->edit the photo(move it around and stuff)
-->save file as a JPG/JPEG file--> when making a new thread click the buton that looks like a PAPER CLIP--> browse a slot--> find your file--> press upload--> your done!
But i cant put it into paint because its not the right file type... And illl try the program link u gave me Wolverabid and maybe i posted the first post wrong because i meant Screen Shots from Warcraft 3 which i want to post at the Hive. (This may help confused people)

Last edited:
Level 32
Tags[/b]

The best way to post images to the forum is to host them elsewhere, say like on PhotoBucket, and then call them to your post using the [plain][IMG][/plain] tags.

The [ATTACH][/ATTACH] tags are best for permanent files like .blp, .w3x or images that must be attached to tutorials.

To link a hosted image you must know the exact URL of the file. Upload your edited screen shot to ImageShack or PhotoBucket and then wrap the images tags around the URL.

As an example I will use an image from THW's graphics archive:

edit.gif

The image is produced by using this vBulletin code:
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_wc3s/buttons/edit.gif[/IMG]

See how it works? Once the image is present on the Internet, the

Last edited:
Level 2
Wel you could always just use the warcraft image viewer, another way to take them is to dl Xfire and take new SS while playing. After your done the pics will load and you have the option to upload up 2 15mb worth of pics to urs online xfire profile. from their copy paste they should be jpeg. then use photobuket or something to get the image tag ^_^
hope that helps

Level 8
Ok, crash course. GO GET W3 IMAGE EXTRACTOR: http://wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=6&sid= then install it.

-Now take a screenshot
-then open W3IE and go to the file menu,
-then select OPEN
-now locate the screenshot in the warcraft directory and open it
-the image should appear in the box in the top right
-now go to file/edit (one of those two) and select save image (or save)
-now name the image, then change the file type to Jpeg, and save it to you r desktop
-the file is now the proper format for thumbnail attachments in Hive

Sorry if I sounded condensending and made you sound stupid, you just said you were desperate, so I made it as simple as possible.

Hope this helps, best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.