Screen shots showing up blank?

Level 5
I browsed through the tutorials for help with screen shots, but I am not finding anything.

I have now taken numerous screen shots, and I have tried viewing them in 2 different programs, including photoshop cs4 and Microsoft picture it. But they are showing up as a solid black screen???

I have tried a few times now, but same result. Was just hoping someone may enlighten me on this subject if I missing something here...

Far as I know... you hold down the CTRL key and hit print screen. You get a little yellow text that appears saying 'captured screen' so what gives with the solid black screen shots I keep getting while trying to view them?

Level 14
I browsed through the tutorials for help with screen shots, but I am not finding anything.

I have now taken numerous screen shots, and I have tried viewing them in 2 different programs, including photoshop cs4 and Microsoft picture it. But they are showing up as a solid black screen???

I have tried a few times now, but same result. Was just hoping someone may enlighten me on this subject if I missing something here...

Far as I know... you hold down the CTRL key and hit print screen. You get a little yellow text that appears saying 'captured screen' so what gives with the solid black screen shots I keep getting while trying to view them?

I have had this same issue, it got something to do with rendering the images from warcraft. What you can do is go into: C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Screenshots

Over there are all the in-game made screenshots. You don't have to press ctrl for them and they are in .tga format so you should be abled to open them with photoshop.

I hope this helps...

Level 5
I have had this same issue, it got something to do with rendering the images from warcraft. What you can do is go into: C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Screenshots

Over there are all the in-game made screenshots. You don't have to press ctrl for them and they are in .tga format so you should be abled to open them with photoshop.

I hope this helps...

Hmmm... appreciate the support Hashjie. You have sparked a thought here on my end. My photo viewing programs are not located on my gaming machine... I moved all of the screenshots TGA's to a memory stick and then tried to view them on a different machine that has CS4 and other photo softwares... I am wondering if thats the problem... Perhaps you have to view them (pull on them) from the original source. Here being the war 3 directory. Seems like I will have to install a photo editing software on the same machine.

Level 14
Hmmm... appreciate the support Hashjie. You have sparked a thought here on my end. My photo viewing programs are not located on my gaming machine... I moved all of the screenshots TGA's to a memory stick and then tried to view them on a different machine that has CS4 and other photo softwares... I am wondering if thats the problem... Perhaps you have to view them (pull on them) from the original source. Here being the war 3 directory. Seems like I will have to install a photo editing software on the same machine.

I'm abled to open them with photoshop CS1 and higher.
Some photoshop versions need a plugin for tga format but CS2 and higher don't need them if I'm correct.
Tell me which editing program you are using and I'll find the plugin for you.