• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

screen shot section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i think there should be a screen shot section! b/c ppl say screenshots arent art, and to post in map section... but then you cant show the screenshot of something incrediable u find or something that rarely happens and stuff! i dunno if u guys think so but more features the better :D

Level 16
I absolutely see your point, but:
1: Who wants to upload a 3 mb files to the database, let alone clog 3 mb?
2: People WILL abuse it is strange ways
3: Cleaning the section will be a strain on the mods, and might make them mad enough to ban you

I see that we could show a brilliant display of sfx and such, but we already have 3 mb screenies for skins and stuff that people are so imcompetent and lazy to friggin crop it. I asked Darky about the occasional loss of practically all the screenshots and he said
once a month i download all images from the past month and recompress/scale them.
A lot morrons upload jpgs in 100% quality at insane high resolutions so a screenshot is over 3 MB size.
During that period of time the screenshots and thumbnails from the past month are gone for a few mins

See my point?

Level 21
Daelin said:
Ok... about the 3 mb stuff, I don't think that it's like this. if you make the screenshot JPG then it's much smaller. Atleast, all my screenshots for the spells are about 80 kb and so, very small. So I don't see the problem in the space stuff...

Reducing the quality of a JPG saves space. Its what we could so to save the site abit. Also only .jpg is permitted as the only image format art when uploading.

Level 21
Daelin said:
So... I don't really see a problem in space but still... Making a screenshot section? What would it be good at? Taking screenshot is easy as long as you have awsome terrain so... I find it pretty useless.

There will be no screenshot section. But as I said, only amazing or somehow interesting something is happening or shown on the screenshot will be allowed. So, normal screenshots with no effort (just taken in a game) will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.