• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scorescreen Hero icons... what the freak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hmm... I made a score screen icon for my hero, but it doesn't show up. Here's what I did, I took a WC3 Hero scorescreen icon and saved it as a .tga with WC3 Image Extracter. I loaded up PSP7, copied my image over the WC3 one, saved as a new .tga, uncompressed, loaded up WC3 Image Ex. and converted the new.tga to a .blp and imported it to my map.

It never works, the icon just doesn't show up on the scorescreen... very ood. This process is the exact same way that I've done regular icons and all of my custom icons, except this scorescreen one, work.

Level 6
Sopho said:
Don't use WC3 Image Extractor to convert your icons into .blp. Use WC3 Viewer.
Make sure the correct paths for the icon is used.
Also, your WE should be restarted.
Scorescreen icons for the hero should also be applied through a specific value in the object manager.

Uhhmm... right. WC3 Image Extractor has always worked fine for me. I'll try viewer though. And I did use the correct paths, I didn't restart WE, I'll try that too and as for the specific value, umm... could you be more specific?

Okay, I tried resetting WE and that didn't work. I know I'm doing something wrong here. :p And as for the Object Manager, it seems to be lacking an image section because I can't find anything to set this mysterious specific value you speak of. :p

Edit: A-ha! WC3 Viewer did it for me, it works now. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.