• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Scavenger [Diablo 1]

Since people were uploading Diablo models.
Ghoul with a dragon head, murloc death animations, a tail, some spikes, and a nifty skin.

I always preferred the Diablo 1 scavenger, before they started to look like weird hyena hybrids. Probably because I thought it were a cat back then. A really red skinny cat. It was probably the sound effect that fooled me, haha.

Edit: Added a alternative skin.

Keywords: Diablo, Demon, Devil, Scavenger, Maleficus Vorax, terror, cathedral, dungeon, underground, rpg, mob, Plague Eater, Shadow Beast, Bone Gnasher
Previews
Contents

Scavenger Portrait (Model)

Scavenger [Diablo 1] (Model)

Shadowbeast skin (Texture)

Reviews
General Frank
An interesting Diablo2 version of a ghoul edit. Works in-game and performs well.
Level 5
I'll never forget the moment I saw a unique Scavenger in the dungeon named "El Chupacabras", I was like what the f***, in spanish! Diablo was released in 1996 and the whole Chupacabras thing was covered by international news for the first time in 1995, just a year before. Blizzard never ceases to amaze me.

Nice model btw, the Ghoul animations are perfect for that nasty creature ;) good job!

Last edited:
Please made a model based on this good boy next. This muscley tree boy deserves a model.

If you (or anybody else) do the skin. I'm not a very motivated texturer. Goes for any D2 and D1 mob really, and the more memorable D3 monsters too, although I must admit there is very few of those last ones. As long as I don't have to do too many custom animations.

Level 18
If you (or anybody else) do the skin. I'm not a very motivated texturer. Goes for any D2 and D1 mob really, and the more memorable D3 monsters too, although I must admit there is very few of those last ones. As long as I don't have to do too many custom animations.

Wouldn't the in-game Treant/Ancients skin suffice?

Level 18
But yeah, if you could just make a general shape/mesh/whatever of a Thorned Hulk I'm sure I can get someone else to make a nice skin for it. The Stone or Iron Golems might make the best base for that kinda thing.

Level 8
Didn't even think about that. Hope you have a higher definition skin for it in that case. haha
Hey, I'm actually trying to downgrade the visuals :p Anyway. This is why I liked your model:
Deathclaw concept art from Fallout 1 manual and clay model:
And this is how your model looks in game with some tweaks: (I'm just using wendigo's Portrait with Kazzo 's skin to make it as creepy as possible.
full

Level 2
What am I doing wrong I wonder? I imported the ScavengerD1.mdx and set it on the unit.
upload_2019-8-26_12-24-50.png

I imported the Scavenger, saved and even restarted the editor. Then this is what error I saw:
upload_2019-8-26_12-28-20.png

I would genuinely love to get this model to work though :)

What am I doing wrong I wonder? I imported the ScavengerD1.mdx and set it on the unit.
View attachment 331485

I imported the Scavenger, saved and even restarted the editor. Then this is what error I saw:
View attachment 331486

I would genuinely love to get this model to work though :)

Are you using a non-pirated, current-patch version of WE and wc3?

Level 2
General Frank yes! I am using 100% legit WC3/WE from Blizzard. I purchased Reforged and got this as preorder reward, it is a legit battle.net version. Strangely the other model (on the ss) from Hive works for me.

Level 2
Thank You for explaining! I just learned how to check for file paths next time :) blessings. I'll give this model 5 stars cause it is great <3

upload_2019-8-26_13-59-5.png