• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SC2Map] Char TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just a simple tower defense map located on Char.

You should be able to place towers however close together you want (good mazing) but don't do a full wall.

Please test this and help me balance it.

Features:
  • 15 waves (more to come)
  • 4 different towers (+1 for mazing only)
  • Something else maybe?
  • More to come

Test and give feedback please!

Download Here

Level 9
I want to make the first comment :D

Test Results:
- It's a bit too hard, I can't make it past the wave 5. I always fall to the stalkers.
I tried to make diffirent kind of mazes to get as many turrets as possible to hit enemies as long as possible but always with the same results.

Suggestions:
- More minerals at the end of each wave.
- Lower mazing tower cost.
- Weaker enemies.
- More powerful towers.
- New towers.

Comments:
- Other than that, as you said simple but decent little TD.
- I won't say anything about the terrain because I presume you want the TD to be technically good first.

Last edited:
Level 4
Simple and easy TD. Passed the 16th wave on a first try. Mazing Tower that costs 5 minerals is useless just build the Basic Tower for the double price but able to attack.

Suggestions:
- Make the player able to sell towers or at worst destroy them.
- It's too simple so nothing interests me. So try to add something interesting.

Level 9
Simple and easy TD. Passed the 16th wave on a first try. Mazing Tower that costs 5 minerals is useless just build the Basic Tower for the double price but able to attack.

Suggestions:
- Make the player able to sell towers or at worst destroy them.
- It's too simple so nothing interests me. So try to add something interesting.

Care to post a screenshot of your maze/towers?
I did use basic towers the most but I replayed couple of times so I tried a bit of everything.

Level 4
Well I didn't save the ss from the first try so I tried it again and here it is

attachment.php

attachment.php

And so on... build 4 Turrets the in middle and Slow Towers to the sides that's pretty much my first try.
This time I leaked 1 at the 5th wave (replace 1-2 Basic Tower with 1-2 Long-Ranged Tower may leak nothing), on the first try I ended the game leaking nothing.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 506
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 589
Level 7
yeah those stalkers keep kickin my ass. played a few times with different mazes and they keep woopin my ass bad

Edit
After playing agian and only using long range towers i found that this game is WAY to ez. as in i wasnt even watching just waited to hear the end of the lvl. they do 3 times the damage of basic towers have 3 times the range and cost just a LITTLE more. 5 more to be exact. it needs to be toned down a little,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.