• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving Abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there a way to save abilities that a unit has (Instead of Items) and when loading, it gives items according to the abilities the unit has, (does not load the abilities).
Also, I'd like someone to create this for me, if it is possible, pm me.

Level 7
Umm, let me explain more, ok, so my map is like an RPG where you save and load ur hero, in most/all RPGs, it's an Item that gets saved and then loaded, but mine saves as an Ability then loads as items, I made abilities that looks the same as the items, I do not know how to make save/load codes and dunno if abilities can be saved.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Abilities are basically integers for war3 engine. Look what Pharaoh_ have said andv refer to it.
Since blizzard never ended editor fully Save Ability handle crushes your warcraft3.

Although you can use integers to get given ID and then save it.
There are two ways:
First one - get id of ability by using:
  • Custom script: Set udg_Getid = udg_ability
and then save this like a normal integer. ability means ability variable, Getid means integer variable.
Second way, is to just get Id (rawcode) of given ability from object editor (Ctrl + D). Enter id between ' ' and follow instructions like you'd be saving normal integer.

Status
Not open for further replies.