• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save / Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey uhhhh can someone please devise a save/load for me for my runescape rpg.... id realy apreciate it and ill give u a sneak peek of the map
only a few things needed

has to be able to save over 100 items

has to save hero level

has to be user friendly (people cant load other peoples code)

has to save gold

has to save hero

and thats it please get back to me as i have a almost compleated version fo runescape but this saveload is holding me back

Level 4
Well I've done it before but I dont really have time to make another one since I currently am working on a system that saves 10 items, 4 abilities, hero level, gold, elemental experience, ability levels, and several player and non-player specific security features. (It will have infinite ability to save-load as many items or abilities that I am making)

If I finish the save/load system soon I might modify it (so as to avoid people item hacking or ability hacking my map) and then save it to a blank map and releasing it. But no promises.

Oh, and about the "...i think its a trigger of some kind, there is something abouting saving and loading..." Yes, there is its quite simple, (look in the game cache category under actions) but only if you want it to be single player only. Multiplayer saving capatibility is a pain, and requires several annoyingly complex triggers. (the complexity varies based on how much you want to save and how secure you want it to be) There may be a simplier way to do multiplayer saves but if there is I don't know of one nor have I ever heard of one, sorry.

P.S. It will be at least a week or too at the earliest before I am done with my save-load system as I still have to finish some other things with my map and I am a full-time college student so.....it'll be alittle while.

Status
Not open for further replies.