• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SaveLoad Code System !!!Custom Spells!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im am working on a save/load system there you can save custom spells given to the hero during the game.
In other simular systems you have to assign each hero their spells in triggers. Please give me comments. What do i need to have etc.

Level 3
It is a pretty good idea but it would anoy anyone if he/she types -save and gets a code like "dsaf-fsdf-sfdas-adfas-dfasdfasdf-asdfasdf-asdfasdfasdf-asdfasdf".Ya know what I mean?Keep it simple if u do this!

Level 2
Im allmost done with the system and the regular string length is around 24. well 24 isnt that much if u thing of all the things it saves.
But when i lern the program better i will maby make the String Length shorter.

Level 2
Well, I think the biggest problem is mistaking zeroes for O's and Ls for Ones, Etc.

Level 2
Well, I think the biggest problem is mistaking zeroes for O's and Ls for Ones, Etc.

I have removed all those letters and numbers from the Code_Base String so that you dont have to worry bout doin any mistakes when saving ur hero.

[ so if i remove O i also remove 0 ] - [/quote]

Level 3
Man...try to reduce the code.Hope it doesn't get to the lenght of D3fi4nc3 cuz that was a big code!If you want a ppl to type theyr password,maybe you could set a computer player,so that he can send a private message from the game and not with /w.Understand?(Chat setting).Try that.If that doesn't work,than the players could write the password in the observer chat and make a trigger that hides that message.

Level 2
Man...try to reduce the code.Hope it doesn't get to the lenght of D3fi4nc3 cuz that was a big code!

Yes i will try make it as short as possible.
First Reason it has long code:
It saves everything (herotype, herolevel, spells added in-game, attributes, items and experiance)

This is the second reason: it can be saved/loaded between 2 maps with the same system config ex:

HeroWarz [Grindlevel] Save.
HeroWarz [PvP Level] Load.

And third is that it easy to use for newbs coz i didnt use any cstm scripts at all and then other ppl than me can understand it.

->ZeeRaw<-

Status
Not open for further replies.