• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save without cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Maybe i dont use it a RPG is hard to make or maybe i use it in another map.
I played many rpgs and in most are save/load system but...
One player have a ultimative item (ITEM001)
The other player havent the item so the player one gives the item to him
player two saves hero and player one uses the old code where he had the item and so he clone it. I had the idea for save for all when host writes -save or every 30min save but they give item and use old key so the save is problem because one player collect best items and then he clone them and give to other. Is there a way to delete the old code when he say save or so ?
Because when there is a good RPG the save cheat can destroy the good RPG atmosphere , i like to play RPGs for sample Isle of Despair and so they are perfect created.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
For those stuff, do not care about cloning. Make it so they have to hold the item for like 15-30 mins for it to save but really such systems to prevent that are ineffective. Also if the item is too hard to obtain, people will just cheat one (through trigger mods or code gens) anyway so all that effort would have been wasted.

Rather spend that effort balencing or improving the map, the better a map is the less likly the average person will cheat in it.

Level 7
For those stuff, do not care about cloning. Make it so they have to hold the item for like 15-30 mins for it to save but really such systems to prevent that are ineffective. Also if the item is too hard to obtain, people will just cheat one (through trigger mods or code gens) anyway so all that effort would have been wasted.

Rather spend that effort balencing or improving the map, the better a map is the less likly the average person will cheat in it.

And the old code is impossible to turn off ?

Level 7
Yes, logically as it has to be loadable and no data can be saved to hard disc.

Thus all codes that are given will always be loadable until you release a version changing the save/load system.

And what is with a item code ? For sample player kills boss becom item001 with a hard code that can only editor know and when he gives the item to somebody and then load the code know it was used in other save and delete it when player 1 and player 2 have the same code , but maybe for sample player 1 dont play with the player 2 so the code is not same... thats hard

Level 7
And what is with a trade and special save system.
You make a dialog with save/load , when a unit want give a item to other he writes -trade that teleport him to a special map and when give the item when they trade the dialog will show up and automaticly click only ONE slot and every when he writes -load the dialog will show up and because there is only one slot he cant cheat... because i dont think someone do for sample :D trade item and restard PC to dont save and he isnt so quick or...?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Um... What are you talking about?
Even if you force a save, the person can simply ignore the code given, go to his text file with all the codes for the map, select his good code with the item and then rehost and reload his good code. WC3 can not manipulate anything from the hard drive other than the primary MPQs (which can not be written to) and the map file itself in multiplayer. Thus you can not force a person to load a more recent code.

Also may I remind you that codes save item type, thus there is nothing unique about the item you get when loading.

Level 7
Maybe is the best way in save to make only save hero lvl skills points not gold luumber and items what he can give to the people... Maybe artifacts can be saved but cant be moved you can write -delete slot1 to delete the item or -sell slot1 to sell so they cant cheat :).

Status
Not open for further replies.