• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save&Load System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,

i need help i want to make a Save&Load System for my Rpg map for the Heros.

It musst include (Stats of Hero, Gold , Wood, Items etc.) someone can help me with a link or a map ?

Greets

BlinderBlader

Ther are more ways to use it:
Event: time-periodic event OR unit-enters region OR player-chat message AND more ways...
So you know the most used events now we can go to actions:
SAVE:
Game Cache-Create a game chace from ("yourmap.w3x OR [if the map is not from the expansion ".w3m"]")
Game Cache-Store ("heroORunit") as ("name") of ("nameCategory") in (last created game chace)
Game Cache-Save (last created game cache)
LOAD:
Game Cache-Create a game chace from ("yourmap[the map what you have save].w3x OR .w3m")
Game Cache-Reload all game cache data from disk
Game Cache-Restore ("name") of ("nameCategory") from (last created game cache) for ("player") at ("pointORlocation") facing ("something")
P.S. that with gold and lumber i don't know...

Game Cache don't work in multiplayer. This is the reason Save/Load Systems existed.

Search at TheHelper for AceHeart's SaveLoad, or look here at Hive Spell Section for CodeGen. Those two, by far are the easiest ones to utilize, just make sure to follow the demonstration. It takes time to understand, but since this only uses one map (not like 2P Campaign), it's not much of long hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.