• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Save/Load System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello Guys,

I'm working on a new project --> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/tales-thana-r-v1-0-b-w3x-215755/

I got a Save/Load System in that Map but it really sucks!
I need :
-Save Level of Hero
-Save Gold and Wood
-Save Experience
-Save Items (Inventory)
(-Save Abilities) -> not that necessary

The Question is: Is there anybody who could make something like that and would make that in my map? OFC YOU GET CREDITS !

Thank You

Level 9
im sure you can make the load part when you got everything sotred
  • save
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Player = (Player number of (Triggering player))
      • Set Gold[Player] = ((Player(Player)) Current gold)
      • Set Lumber[Player] = ((Player(Player)) Current lumber)
      • Set EXP[Player] = (Hero experience of YOUR_HERO_HERE)
      • Set Hero[Player] = (Unit-type of YOUR_HERO_HERE)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by YOUR_HERO_HERE in slot 1)) Not equal to (Item-type of No item)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Item1[Player] = (Item-type of (Item carried by YOUR_HERO_HERE in slot 1))
            • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by YOUR_HERO_HERE in slot 2)) Not equal to (Item-type of No item)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Item1[Player] = (Item-type of (Item carried by YOUR_HERO_HERE in slot 2))
            • Else - Actions

This system doesn't store anything for out of map use, doesn't give a save / load code, doesn't encrypt the data, and various other things. You will not be able to do this in GUI. Try using this instead. You can create your own save/load system as is intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.