• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How Does Save/Load System Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So i know that it save things like EXP..items.. heroes...golds... and etc...

Now My question is very confusing so i will make a situation..

OK. let say i play a map name Tales of my Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather Version A in the Philippines and save the game. I have a hero with level 10.. using my computer...... then a HUGE FIREBALL hits our house and the good thing is....only my computer is destroyed because it magically magnets the fireball.. so in other words my computer is destroyed..

Then i teleported to the USA to buy a new laptop.... Installed Warcraft and download the same version of the map..

Now my question is... Can I load my character with level 10 to my new downloaded map?...

The map has the same version..
The map uses the BEST SAVE/LOAD System.. (Its only example)..

Also can someone post the link for the best save/load system?..

I already tested Ace Save/Load system... it don't work..

Level 10
Level 20
Most of the save/load systems use game caches that are stored in Campaigns.w3v.

This is also to prevent from cheating which I mean that you could just splat random numbers there and get a new character generated by that code.

Level 31
Huh, save/load systems don't store info into campaigns.w3v, that's total bs, rofl.

For systems like Acehart's, the code is given to the user. Email yourself the code and it's online.

For systems like the one linked with DC, they are saved to your computer. Go to your Warcraft 3 folder, then go to GameData folder and that has all of your stuff in it. Zip it and email it to yourself.

Most codes are not namebound. Many of the ones that are do namebound stuff by like storing the name into the code. A couple use the name as part of the encryption process, like the DC one =).

Source: me, I wrote a 100 part tutorial on save/load systems and 2 DC save/load systems, one that writes code to computer and other that displays code to user.

Level 29
Huh, save/load systems don't store info into campaigns.w3v, that's total bs, rofl.

For systems like Acehart's, the code is given to the user. Email yourself the code and it's online.

For systems like the one linked with DC, they are saved to your computer. Go to your Warcraft 3 folder, then go to SaveLoad folder or w/e and that has all of your data. Zip it and email it to yourself.

Most codes are not namebound. Many of the ones that are do namebound stuff by like storing the name into the code. A couple use the name as part of the encryption process, like the DC one =).

Source: me, I wrote a 100 part tutorial on save/load systems and 2 DC save/load systems, one that writes code to computer and other that displays code to user.

thats good to know lol.

Level 6

For systems like the one linked with DC, they are saved to your computer. Go to your Warcraft 3 folder, then go to GameData folder and that has all of your stuff in it. Zip it and email it to yourself.

Thanks Nes.. i know now how save/load works.. well then i guess.. its works the same as the Warcraft Standard Save/Load system..

Level 31
Status
Not open for further replies.