• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Save Load Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Could someone please help me to adapt the Triggerhappy codeless save load?

I'm having a hardtime to make it work...

I need to :
Save 7 heroes (just experience and the type of unit), 6 items each, player gold, lumber and food.
And save 2 normal units with 6 slot inventory (if not possible to save units inventory, then +2 heroes just for the inventory)

Here is codeless save and load

Could someone please help me with that?

Here is what I've done so far...
I can load one single hero... but can't load all the heroes...
When I save/load just 1 hero, it works fine, loading the items, the hero, lumber and gold...
but when I try to load more then 1 all get messy...

Attachments

• Codeless Save Load v3.0.2.w3x
    143.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Level 4
I couldn't get that system to work when I was making my map (I am also somewhat of a noob), so I used AceHart's save/load system and made some modifications to it so the code length is shorter and works with my map's systems. It can save pretty much anything you would like it to save (gold, lumber, food, hero type, experience, hero position, items the hero is carrying and how many charges each item has.) Although the more things you dedicate to save the longer your code will be and the chat dialogue in WC3 has limits on chat string length. The system also generates a code that saves to a notepad file so you just have to copy/paste your load code if you want to load. Let me know if this might help you and I can link AceHart's map and show you my code adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.