• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satir World

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I'm a italian newbie and the map is in italian
Contents

Satir World (Map)

Reviews
15:14, 23rd Apr 2009, by Rui: The map is in Italian. You said it yourself. Please read the Map Submission Rules instead of jumping over them. If you ever get to update this, use the Update button above the map's name. It will spare you from another...

M

15:14, 23rd Apr 2009, by Rui:
The map is in Italian. You said it yourself. Please read the Map Submission Rules instead of jumping over them.
If you ever get to update this, use the Update button above the map's name. It will spare you from another negative reputation point.
Rejected.

Level 35
Well, what more can be said about the map? It's not exactly the pick of the bunch, and if it does violate a rule, as has been said, it's going to get rejected for sure.

Anyway, a quick review before this map is rejected? This looks like something less than what I used to do for the purpose of fun learning with the World Editor. I used to just add a bunch of units from the campaign and enjoy playing with them. I would not upload such maps, however. Not by a long shot. It's the way I learnt, though, so it
s good to see that you are on a good path to learning.

Now, you say yourself that you are a noob. Why then would you post this map? There's no description about the map or even the reason for uploading something you yourself admit is not up to standard, so why upload it?

When it comes to most things, the best way to learn is off of people who are better than you. That is to say, professionals. Now, as the internet is somewhat inpersonal, the best way to learn about maps is to look through what other people have done in their maps. And not just any maps, great maps. Then there's maps which are not at all fun to play but have great ideas implemented in them. Over time, you will learn tricks from these sorts of maps and realize that despite their obvious unrealisation that they could have gone further or actually done some good with their idea, they had a great system which can be expanded on and used for a much better map.

Now, I think I've covered most of what there is to cover about this map, and hope not to see too many maps like this in a while.

And M4stah, there's 2 starting locations because one is a pure AI.

Level 31
Sadists of the regulation... instead of seeing every detail in breach of the regulations, encourage him to make a better map, no?

Encourage him to make a better map by kissing his ass would likely to encourage him to make a even worst map. At here, we do not kiss your ass and we tell nothing but the absolute truth.

4 comments just for criticize that his map is in violation.
Believe that you have to do...

To be franky enough, what else to criticize about his map? His map clearly violate 2 rules, non-english and doesn't have proper description. Do you really think it deserve a good evaluation when it cannot even follow a simple rules?

90% of such a map usually turn out to be a total lemon and I was right upon viewing this map.

Terrain - Poorly develop terrain with lack of proper tiles variation and destructible/doodad usage. Everything seems to be throw into the map and 60-80% of the map was empty especially at middle.

Rules violation - Do not have proper description, do not have any credit for custom resources, and it was written at foreign language. (Seems like 3 violation)

Creep - Just only have a few dragon at north-east that doesn't drop item.

1/5 (Unacceptable)

Level 35
And believe you me, Archer01, Septimus knows what he's talking about. Kissing ass to such a poor effort would encourage more maps like this, and frankly I don't have time to watch someone's skill develop. I'd rather see the end result, not the self-called 'epic' tale and the complications he came to overcome. As a viewer, I don't give a rats ass. As a mapper, I give even less of a rats ass than was mentioned before.

Now, Septimus, it's ironic that after saying kissing the ass of the mapper, you then go on to give it 1/5. I think you're being to generous (just kidding). But srsly, 1/5 is too good for this map, plz don't submit maps like this, werewolf.