1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Saren's True Random Arena (0.92a)

Submitted by Sarenarass
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Sarenarass presents...

SAREN'S TRUE RANDOM ARENA
by Me

Map Info:

Well, I was always tired of joining Random Arenas and having people who put in all their own stuff onto the units. I wanted a "classic" WC3 Random Arena. Only WC3 units. Nothing changed. You get them how they are.. and no custom units either. My favorite example of this was the mini-round of Random Arena inside the "Are You a Lucker?" game. My main philosophy is to keep it the units in the game as unchanged as possible.

-If you're lacking players you can always add computers who are functional.

-The Random Events timer doesn't do anything yet.

Features:

-Over ONE THOUSAND (1,000) units to random from! Including many, many heroes from the Warcraft III campaign including your pals: Cenarius, Archimonde, Balnazzar, Arthas and much, much more!

-Hear special dialogue exchanges between certain units when they encounter each other to remind you of the good 'ol Warcraft campaign.

-ALSO includes around 400 units from the Warcraft III: Campaign map that were extracted... one by one from their maps. Never before have you been able to be Menag the Bandit, Scurvy Pirates, Mal'ganis from the level where he is destroying houses or even Califax protecting Illidan! These and countless more awaiting you to play as them.

-Fun game modes where you can work together as a team, use items as creeps. (Wield the Crown of the Deathlord as a sheep!) With more new modes coming soon.

-A working creep-AI, scoreboard, and FLASHY COLOR NAMES by Slimmo.

OVER 1,100 PLAYABLE UNITS AND 273 ITEMS FROM THE WARCRAFT UNIVERSE

To date!

Screenshots and Videos:

Gameplay Screenshots

[​IMG]
Image Description: I got out every single unit so you could get an idea how many there are... (there are even more in the current versions)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Change Log:

Change Log

0.1:

-Uploaded map...

0.2:
-Probably fixed the respawn bug.. can now respawn as campaign heroes correctly.
-Added additional campaign hero spawn lines.
-Respawn timers no longer appear visible but are still active to prevent them from flooding your screen.

0.2a: (minor)
-Fixed issue with sounds not playing upon "unique" hero entrances.
-Mal'ganis can now convert villagers into zombies.

0.3:
-Regular units can no longer pick up stat tomes. This is to prevent new players from attempting to use them and crash the game.
-Disabled several abilities due to strange interactions with triggers... such as Possession, Locust Swarm, and Spawn (e.g.: Spawn Hydras, Spawn Spiders...). Will hopefully have them working again soon.
-Team mode is now up and working with its own multiboard and victory conditions.

0.3a:
-Fixed bug with leaderboard not appearing in free for all mode.

0.6:
-Fixed bug with Tome of Greater Experience causing crashes.
-Renamed to 0.6 to prevent confusion of the older 0.5 version (that pre-dates 0.2) on MakeMeHost.com

0.61:
-Fixed bug with Naga not having net.
-Added around 20 more units, 4 more heroes, and around 10 items that I had missed from around the campaign.
-Units with devour can no longer devour high level units (units level 5 or above)
-Put some units previously on the "OP" list (being unplayable) to the playable list so you can now spawn as them. This includes The Forgotten One.
-Moved units passives on their ability list further down so you now can use their active spells such as "firebolt" instead of only being able to see "bash" or "true sight" instead.
-Mal'ganis can no longer convert any unit into a zombie.

0.62:
-Fixed sound bug.
-Fixed Kor'gall only being able to see his passive abilities.

0.7:
-Added about 100 more units you can spawn as (including amphibious ships!.. woo)
-Gave inventories to certain heroes who were lacking.
-Item spawn chance increased from 25% to 33%.

0.71:
-Gave inventories to some heroes that were lacking.
-Can now kill Centaur Hut in addition to Gnoll Hut for 100% chance item.
-Added floating text to gate levers so you know what does what and made gate more responsive.
-Removed some of the trees and re-terrained a bit at the bottom left of the map to make some new paths so it's not just one long road.

0.80:
-There is no chance for Scepter of Healing to drop anymore. It will be removed until further notice due to its extreme preference of units with very high health...
-You can now drop items that do nothing on the Inn in the top left corner of the map to get a new, random item from a preset list of approximately 50 other items.
-You can now bring useless units to the crypt to get a free hero.
-More spawn sounds.
-Minor bugs fixed... probably.. maybe.
Enjoy!

0.90:
-Added about 40 extra campaign units and 4 extra campaing heroes.
-You can now buy a "Random Tower" that when placed will transform into.. a Random Tower. One of 36 Random Towers.
-Updated the version from .80 to .90 on the load screen!

0.91:
-You can now adjust the amount of kills that are required to win to 40 and 50 (from 30). Or you may choose to do nothing! It's optional.
-Fixed issue with Blood Elf ships not being able to move.
-Gave the Cold, Inner, and Blood Sheeps their abilities.
-Added many new dialogue exchanges from the Human Campaign and Undead campaign (Reign of Chaos), Orc and Night Elf dialogues to follow.
-Destructible item drop rate increased from 1/6 to 1/5.

0.91a: (Experimental):
-Added more dialogue interactions.
-Reduced Divine Armour resistance to other attack types and spells to 70% from 5%.

0.9b: (Experimental):
-Thought 70% was a bit too low so made their resistance 50%.

0.92:
-Turned the Church into a shop selling various potions.
-Fixed some units that had no attack not being able to convert into heroes.
-Added in three new previously unplayable units ("unplayable"because they were too overpowered). Might regret it.
-Added the "-New" command to explain the game to people too lazy to use quest log.

0.92:
-Units as scary as Talendar and Eldritch Lord deserve spawn sounds so I added them in because I forgot last version.

Known Bugs:
-Mysterious Unit X who has no model.
-Had to "disable" several abilities due to glitchyness.
-Still some desyncs however this is usually quite rare. If you have any idea on what causes them feedback is always appreciated and I'll see if I can fix it.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Saren, True, Random, Arena, Random Arena, Units,
Contents

Saren's True Random Arena (0.92a) (Map)

Reviews
[img][c]Orcnet[c]00:33, 17th Aug 2013 Map Approved Saren's True Random Arena (No Version/s Stated) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter...
  1. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Well, I have some ideas. There was one or two older versions I uploaded to MMH and one here I think if not only for about 30 seconds that were protected incorrectly. It caused you to be kicked from the game after you downloaded it but those are quite old and I don't host them (why would I?)

The newest versions are fine.. however it could also be a problem on MMH's end. If a player types in a game right after it is being renamed or so they will join the game but be.. in another game at the same time? Hard to explain but what it means is when your download finishes you'll be kicked out automatically and each time you rejoin you'll be kicked.

I say if you want to just try hosting 0.62P on MMH and see if you can join that.. just name it "test12345" or so.

2. funAlways

funAlways

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only one that get kicked when downloading is me, others that download before and after me does not get kicked.
    Both me and the host download it from here, so i actually have the map, but i have to re download it again in-game somehow.
    This map is the only one with this problem, other map is fine.
    Playing this in single player is fine.
    Any idea?
    also, What is MMH?

3. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    You could reward players with very weak units if they can get to a random location (or not random) on the map before they die.
    If they manage to do this they get a random hero ;)

And maybe if someone has the same unit for too long it automatically dies and you get a new one (avoiding Talnivarr killing everybody from start to the end lol)

4. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, yeah, that'll happen sometimes. Just got to hope ya get a Proudmoore to kill the Talnivarr.. and then something to kill the Proudmoore..

Anyways, when I (finally) get around to implimenting Random Events I had planned for both a event that will give weaker units strong units as well as a good 'ol "Pick a random person.. and he dies!" event.

5. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm not what i expected but ok...

Also another thing to balance this out, when someone gets a very strong unit he gets a lot of kills and points even if he's bad.

You could make it that killing unit gives 2-3 points but dying makes you lose 1 point.

6. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The Hive Workshop Official
    [​IMG]

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
    Map Name: Saren's True Random Arena
    Map Author: Sarenarass

[​IMG]

Originality

The map is simply a Hero Arena type of a map but what's interesting in this is your character is
    randomly generated by the game which makes it challenging mostly if you are using a weak
    unit which grants challenges and carefull battle plans. But I still expect more rather than
    the random unit generation.

Score: 63/100

Presentation

Presentation is really good. Every bit of information were written that lets the player know what
    needs to be know together with screenshots hat shows all thousand of units that is randomly
    generated in-game for players to randomly use though could use some gameplay screenshots
    as mean fights and battles (match). Also, you could have at least added some charm to the
    Template not most likely using it unchanged. Its good to discover ways to make your presentation
    good you know.

Score: 58/100

Design

Map Preview Image looks good and the image used shows the random feeling into it due to the
    dice image which perfectly symbolizes it. Loading Screen is yet simple but provides descriptions
    of the story. No green icons for you even didnt used custom icons. Overall, looks fine and nothing
    wrong here!

Score: 58/100

Terrain

Terrain looks good though could use some more raising and lowering, a little bit of decoration
    and props. Most likely aiming for a little improvements but it is good I must say.

Score: 57/100

Triggers

Not much of triggers just the spawned of random units for players and those item drops due to
    death. What I only suggest you to fix is that sometimes spawn of random units are sometimes
    at inaccesible area which makes them stuck and such.... I would like to suggest you to make
    an unstuck command which again repicks another random unit for the player of course in a
    random spawn location again (but pardon me if there is a command like this right now).

Score: 66/100

Object Data

Most likely, you aim for all units that stays original with Warcraft mechanics making them
    unchange so I cant complain even if there are faults on Blizzard's creation no offense.

Oh maybe the weird spawn pattern sometimes looks weird as I said units generated at
    inaccessible area which makes them stuck. You should definetly fix this!

Score: 95/100

Gameplay

Gameplay is good and enjoyable most likely what makes this different from others are the
    random generation of units and item drops after death. Though what kind of ruins this
    is that sometimes unit spawns at an inaccessible area which makes them stuck which
    should be avoided next time if you planned to update this map. Consider this suggestions
    please.

Score: 68/100

[​IMG]
    Do something about the inaccesble location spawn that occurs sometimes when units are
    generated. I suggest a unstuck command maybe for a cure to this. And lastly, the random
    generation units featured in this Hero Arena might be cool though I expect more. You could
    brainstom for more ideas next time on what to add that will blow the audience's mind!
    Good luck!

[​IMG]

Final Score: 66.429/100
    3/5 Vote for Approval

[​IMG]
    Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  7. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the review, Hell_Master. I must say I sure do like that "Hive Workshop Official Map Review"... Looks all shiny.

When I made this I was just aiming for that.. good 'ol simple WC3 map feel.. back when WC3 was new and maps weren't too complex.

As for triggers I plan to create some Random Events... sooner or later. Lol. There is also both and unstuck and a respawn command. Just type -unstuck, and wait 10 seconds. However, it picks a random location so there is a chance you will get stuck again but this is very, very low. Type -respawn to get a new unit, this takes 30 seconds. Your unit will be paused and left defenseless under both situations.

8. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    No problem and I see, pardon me for not knowing there is a some sort of command for unstuck but still great game and looking forward for more updates!

9. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    "-You can now drop items that do nothing on the Inn in the top left corner of the map to get a new, random item from a preset list of approximately 50 other items."

Didn't quite get it, the 50 items are useless ? not even showing an sfx ?

"-You can now bring useless units to the crypt to get a free hero."

omg one of my idea (dunno if you remembered it or reinvented it), i didn't think you would do it !! then i'll remind you another you enjoyed, add some goldmines on the map for the peasants !

PS : i'll wait for you to put it on makemehost so I can enjoy playing little creeps

10. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So for all of you who have been wanting to not be a villager anymore... and instead be Mal'ganis, this version is for you!

11. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Eh, I could of put in a sfx but didn't think it was necessary. Only thing I could think of putting is some flashy coins. And I wanted the really good items like Talendar Skull Helm. .etc... to still be rare. So they are more special if you find them. The items you can get for selling campaign items are just more "decent" items.

I have already submitted the map to makemehost but they say they will not upload it for another 7 hours.

12. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    i must admit it's funnier than before because of the critters which can be trade against heroes, the heroes have different spells, and with the gold thing we can train one footman for example or even try our chance as a peasant

really better

PS : something to balance the game and as you modified some heroes you might take this in account, why not automatically "killing" or "trading" a unit/hero if this unit/hero gained more than 8 points in a row ?
    Also maybe giving a buff for weak units if they manage to kill any other unit so it encourage to play them instead of sacrificing them.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  13. Lenura

Lenura

Resources:
    Resources:
    like the map, however it seems to short at times. i suggest adding a command to choose how many kills you need to win

14. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes... that is a common complaint that people want to make the game longer. I'll probably add a command that extends the game a bit if the host chooses.

15. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    For all those who feels it's very unfair sometimes, just establish a rule in your game where any player with an imbalanced hero/unit must type -respawn after X kills (8-10). Else you kick him or votekick him.

I did this yesterday and with fullhouse the scores were like 31-28-26-25-24-20 etc... so pretty balanced.
    (If you want to see the replay, I also have a replay where it's so imbalanced that the game finished in 5 minutes lol 31-10-9-8 etc... but took like 15 min to get hosted)

16. I_am_Death

I_am_Death

Resources:
    Resources:
    over 1000 playable characters... hmm mean 0.001% i can get the right hero i want :v

17. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Which hero is that? :p

18. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It would actually be a 0.1% chance to get the hero you want. 1% is already 1/100. Just saying.

19. I_am_Death

I_am_Death

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh yeah, my fault xD

20. Sarenarass

Sarenarass

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, technically speaking from the triggers... not that anyone would know this.. first you have a 1/3 chance of getting a campaign unit, then a 1/6 chance of getting a hero from the campaign. You have a 2/3 chance of getting a non-campaign unit and then from there a 1/6 chance to get a non-campaign hero. Pretty sure I calculated before the chance of getting any specific hero you want is .012% or so.