• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sands of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Sands of Blood
Info
Map Type - Arena
Players - 6v6
Stage - Testing the first 18 heroes, adding and changing as we go.

About
Sands of Blood is a different type of arena, there are no unique features that make it stand out, yet it's not your average +5000 damage and 200% cleave arena either. The arena forces players to act as a team in order to win.

Features
A mixture of Warcraft 3 standard abilities and custom abilities.
A team based gameplay.
Many heroes to fit every player's demands.
Easy to learn for starters, challenging for competitive play.

What can I do?
Play and test the map, find and report any imbalances you might find.

Attachments

• Sands of Blood v0.02e.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 17
Well there are in fact hardly items from dota - just because dota has useful items and I need useful items doesn't mean.. ah well every map gets blamed for being a dota copy I'm not even going to defend.

And the creeps weren't even supposed to be in the map - the original map was without creeps, thus the creep camps that are there now are mostly for the Troll Priest to convert and a little additional money for carry heroes.

Level 4
The fountain is good, but make so it dont deal so much damage just like 100 damage twice a socond or something and increase the range, then you dont get instantkilled and now i could go half the way into the base, maybe increase it to 900-1100?

I have tested only the Shaman and the Cometcaller, I realy liked the Cometcaller, there, I think you used triggers with a rain of fire that wasent channeling.
But the shaman only had totaly normal abilities.

But it is still funny to play :D

PS: (do so it dont says that creeps killed when its the fountain.)

Level 25

Pros

+ Appealing terrain
+ Custom heroes and spells
+ Quick gameplay

Neutral

Most items are replicas from DotA, but this doesn't matters, as most people are familiar with them and this game shouldn't be so hard to learn thanks to that.
No sort of "Home Defence", expect for a Buff. I haven't played the game 5v5 yet, so I guess that's not such a big problem when the game is played as it should be played.

Cons

- Troll Headhunter can destroy the enemy "Fountain" in level 7, thanks to his range
- Kaleme, the Ogre, should have 100% Evade chance when he "exits" a certain area. Right now you can "kite" him to death really early in the game.
- There's almost no hiding spots or shortcuts through trees and etc. This decreases the ability to really "kite" and etc, which is a good thing in arenas.
- More "eye-candy" is needed, add lore to Heroes and Items.

Summary

The map is very appealing, it got several custom heroes and spells and my favourite part, the quick gameplay. The map isn't too big and a player shouldn't get bored that easily thanks to constant action.

But there are parts that are lacking, such as the bug with Kaleme, the Ogre. A low-levelled Troll Headhunter can easily kill him in a early stage of the game, yet again thanks to his long range and the Ogre will follow him for a long distance.
The Ogre should get a "100% Evade Buff" when he exits a certain area.

The PvP part is also lacking. The map is fantastic, but it lacks of shortcuts and hiding spots. Tree, rocks and etc is a great thing that you can exploit in your map. Make small hidden paths throughout the forests, small entrances where you can hide when someone is hunting you and etc (I found some "hiding spots", but I guess those weren't made on purpose).
This would give skilled people a more various way of playing the map and "kiting" makes the game much more fun as it requires both skill and creativity.

Another thing that is lacking is the "Written Eye-Candy". There's no lore or anything about the various heroes and items, and players like me, that loves lore, shouldn’t be left outside in the cold.

Regards
Arowanna

Level 17

Pros

+ Appealing terrain
+ Custom heroes and spells
+ Quick gameplay

Neutral

Most items are replicas from DotA, but this doesn't matters, as most people are familiar with them and this game shouldn't be so hard to learn thanks to that.
No sort of "Home Defence", expect for a Buff. I haven't played the game 5v5 yet, so I guess that's not such a big problem when the game is played as it should be played.

Cons

- Troll Headhunter can destroy the enemy "Fountain" in level 7, thanks to his range
- Kaleme, the Ogre, should have 100% Evade chance when he "exits" a certain area. Right now you can "kite" him to death really early in the game.
- There's almost no hiding spots or shortcuts through trees and etc. This decreases the ability to really "kite" and etc, which is a good thing in arenas.
- More "eye-candy" is needed, add lore to Heroes and Items.

Summary

The map is very appealing, it got several custom heroes and spells and my favourite part, the quick gameplay. The map isn't too big and a player shouldn't get bored that easily thanks to constant action.

But there are parts that are lacking, such as the bug with Kaleme, the Ogre. A low-levelled Troll Headhunter can easily kill him in a early stage of the game, yet again thanks to his long range and the Ogre will follow him for a long distance.
The Ogre should get a "100% Evade Buff" when he exits a certain area.

The PvP part is also lacking. The map is fantastic, but it lacks of shortcuts and hiding spots. Tree, rocks and etc is a great thing that you can exploit in your map. Make small hidden paths throughout the forests, small entrances where you can hide when someone is hunting you and etc (I found some "hiding spots", but I guess those weren't made on purpose).
This would give skilled people a more various way of playing the map and "kiting" makes the game much more fun as it requires both skill and creativity.

Another thing that is lacking is the "Written Eye-Candy". There's no lore or anything about the various heroes and items, and players like me, that loves lore, shouldn’t be left outside in the cold.

Regards
Arowanna

I will actually take some of this in consideration :) Thank you for your support.

EDIT:
New version

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.