1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sanctum HD

Submitted by Alagremm, Azsure
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A reimagined version of Warcraft III's Arcane Sanctum.

Originally created in 2013, recently raised from the dark cold abyss of my old forgotten file folders, and left in the care of Azsure, who took the time and effort to not only convert it to MDX, but also give it all the proper animations, including construction.

CONVERSION: Azsure
ANIMATION:Azsure
MESH: Alagremm

And a special thanks to General Frank for help and advice.

Feel free to use it with credit to Azsure and I, and leave your comments! Kisses!
Previews
Contents

Sanctum HD (Model)

BTNSanctum (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice re-imagination of the in-game Arcane Sanctum. Excellent custom texture. Works in-game.
  1. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First

2. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Second

Seriously though, now you need to make a whole set, haha!

3. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Third

Next building coming out in 2023!

4. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    fourth

that thing look fabulous

5. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    F... first? This is neat but now you REALLY need a whole set of structures :p

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When the door opens there's no entrance :D
    4/5.

7. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Didn't I also helped you?

8. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I found out the problem was Magos itself and redownloading it made it work again, I forgot to mention Alagremm to mention you, will ask him.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    that door seriously needs some 3D to it, as well as something dark, so it doesn't just open into a wall.. not to mention some effect for the 'stand work'

10. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you had bothered checking the model in-game, you would've noticed it DOES have effects, they simply don't display in Magos or the site viewer[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    @Azsure so.. does the door magically gain some 3D ingame as well? <_<

12. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Misha Does it matter? Look up the Barracks, Hunter's Hall, any building with animated door and tell me they look any different in-game perspective than this.

13. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    @Azsure seeming as barracks do have 3D doors and a bit of an inside to them, yes, it does make a big difference.. why would anyone create an HD version of the arcane sanctum and have it with paper-thin door + opening into a wall instead of having just a section rewrapped to something darker just to give an illusion of an entrance?

.. did you people forget that i was a model-mod? and a fair-ish one?

14. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Misha Because you're complaining about the dumbest things you could have ever picked up, why, instead, couldn't you bring up something more resourceful like the fact that not all the planet rings spin, since I was lazy to animate them all, I could've given you that, but no, you're complaining that the fucking 2 milimeters long door has a couple few less vertices that aren't even visible in the game's view distance to begin with

But let me respond to that, the mesh was not originally made to be "openable", I simply de-attached the faces to be able to open it, I could have extruded it, but I didn't, because it's pointless, you can't see such level of detail in-game and it's a waste of my time to bother with something as banal as that.

Second, why do you care that it opens into the wall? Do you want me to model the inside too? Add beds and all? You can't see literally anything when the door opens because of the light effect.

You might have had experience modeling, but your critique for what is useful in a wc3 enviroment and what is not is extremely doubtful.

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    @Azsure yeah, you definitely have different priorities than me, and that is fine. but.. what i always have in mind is that the model needs to look good in a cinematic as well. and because of that, i place a priority on a legit door and at least an illusion of an entrance. and that ain't really the hardest thing to fix.. adding a few polys, and wrapping it up with a correct texture in a correct place..

but anyway, you're the animator. i'm not sure why you're responding to something the mesh-maker would be able to fix

16. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Misha, just consider that only magic user can see and use that door...

17. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    .. just why is everyone so stubborn? 'n' and unwilling to change something.. just because they think its pointless? hive before me would've had a very different, meaner approach to this.. back in the day even my own models would've been taken off the model section. can't you now appreciate that your model stays, regardless what moderation it has?

so here's my 'moderation' considering what you said to me, so far.

the model mesh is good, animations are good, yet the door is paper thin and opens into a wall. the orbs on the structure do not rotate like the planets would, but since the original arcane sanctum didn't have that either, i'm not fussed. please fix that small issue with the door and the 'interior' to at least give an illusion of the door leading through some sort of a dark or lit passage

my rating: 4/5

18. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Maybe you should not ask people why they seem so 'stubborn' but why do you think you have to tell people how to change stuff so YOU like it. You are not longer a moderator or reviewer, so why even make a deal about it. Give your suggestion and kick back. Think of your mental health - no need to get an aneurysm over something people don't want or don't care.

19. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    aneurysm? really? fair enough.. i'll stop bothering with incomplete models