• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sample AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hola hey dear warcrafters.

I want to make classic Melee map, but instead of races like Humans, Orcs, Night Elves and Undead you will be able to choose from "Outland" races - Blood Elves, Naga, Draenei, Fel Orcs (Outland races because they live in outland, or travelled there with Illidan, and because you can encounter them all in WC 3 TFT campaing in outland.).

Also, instead of creating brand new race, these races will use normal units which you encountered in campaing (Blood elven swordsmen and archers, fel orc warlocks, classic Naga, these Draenei which appeared in 1 mission, and so on.).

However, i got one big problem: for melee map i need AI which will be able to play for these races (its hard to find willing players for multi-player), and ive got practically no skill with AI editor.

So the big question is: Could somebody create melee AI for these races for me?

Or if not, could somebody at least send me classic AI for orcs or humans? i think i might change the data in AI so instead of grunts AI would train Naga myrmidons and so on. with some little tutorial i suppose.

Thanks for help.
Also, if somebody is willing to create these 4 (for each race, of course) AI's, i would appreciate informing me before plunging into work :D

Level 7
So, after checking some tutorials and trying to make my own AI, i found out thats it not so easy, or i am not so good at it.

So i ask once more time: Can somebody send me, basic Melee AI which is used in Melee maps for classic races? (Humans, Orcs...)
Or, can i find it somewhere in MPQ archive?

It would be way easier if i would just open Human AI, and i would adjust it to Blood Elves (change Footmen into Swordsmen, Riflemen - Archer, then some other changes and so on).

Thanks for help.

And also, another question: Some units for these races are not done yet - mainly heroes, 1 or 2 units and 2upgrades. And when i want to import custom units into my AI, it gives warning that my AI might me deleted or something. So is it wiser to complete these races and then create AI for them, or create AI now, and when i complete the races stuff ill just open AI and make some changes to it, like new heroes etc?
What i mean is, if i make some change in race (lets say add 1 more unit and hero), can i adjust my AI to use it or i will have to start from beginning?

Thanks for help again!

Status
Not open for further replies.