• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sabotage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey I need help with a spell that allows a unit without an attack to freeze a buildings orders and damage it over time, so far I created the base spell for it to be aerial shackles that targets buildings, that way the caster needs to remain casting it in order to keep sabotaging the building. I then created triggers that make it so if a structure has the buff it cannot be issued anymore train orders, however I cant seem to get the building to stop its current train orders. For Example, a barracks is issued the order to build three footmen, a spy then comes up and uses the sabotage ability on the barraks. The barracks now takes damage over time and cannot be issued to build more footmen in the build que, but the three it was already building continue training. I'd like to make it so the three footmen cancel construction and the building cannot construct any more as long as the spy remains channeling.

So far my triggers are set up as such.

Event
- Unit - A unit Begins construction
Condition
- ((Triggering unit) has buff Sabotage) Equal to True
Action
- Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

This works for cancelling future train orders when the building is being sabotaged.

Event
- Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Condition
- (Ability being cast) Equal to Sabotage
Action

^ is my setup for the trigger that makes the building cancel it's current training orders, but I have tried every action I can think of and can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

-Teld

Level 10
Couldn't you just use a dummy unit casting that freezing breath of the frost wyrm?

Freezing breath works off of the attack of the unit, it is not a castable ability. Therefor if I use a dummy unit it would be awkward, I could do it, but it would take awhile and take up more space. I'll try it out to see if it works, however I'd prefer any other option that doesn't involve dummy units.

Edit: cant get it to work, for some reason freezing breath will not affect the target. I checked everything and it's all set up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.