1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Russian Roulette v1.48

Submitted by Dark.Revenant
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Yes, I'm seriously uploading this classic game.

There are several features in this map that add to this game of shooting yourself. These include several different modes, variants, and such.

Default Variant - A variant of my design. You start with a pool of 6 bullets, and when the gun is passed to you, you can put in any amount. After you spin and pull the trigger, the bullets used are removed and the gun is passed. If you survive to lose all of your bullets, you are safe and have a chance to shoot someone in the method you would normally shoot yourself, using as many bullets as they have left. The game ends when everyone is dead or all of the survivors have 0 bullets left.

Classic Variant - The classic spin, click, pass, click, pass, bang. The last man alive wins.

Shooter Variant - Like the default mode, only you have the option to shoot others instead of yourself during the game (replacing shooting someone after reaching 0). Shooting others uses their pool of bullets, however. You start with putting in a maximum of 3 bullets, but each time the gun is passed to you, you can put in 1 more than before. This is the most strategic mode.

Random Variant - Each round, a random variant is picked.

Cycle Variant - Cycles through the variants.

There are also some modes, including:
Five-Shooter Mode - The gun is a 5-chamber revolver.
Eight-Shooter Mode - The gun is an 8-chamber revolver.
Endless Mode - The game does not end (infinite lives).
One Life Mode - You only get one chance.
Hardcore Mode - More realistic mode (fixed camera, drug effects, black screen once you're completely dead, etc)

As an added bonus, a semi-hidden shop is available so that you can buy various drugs and alcoholic beverages. They all have slight gameplay effects and very noticeable screen distortion effects (drunk double-vision, meth vertigo, heroin spinning, etc).

This map also includes computer AI!

Keywords:
Russian, Roulette, Gun, Revolver, Kill Yourself, Die, Bang, Shoot, Trigger, Chamber, Kill, Yourself, Classic, Dangerous, High, Risk, Risky, Dead Man
Contents

Russian Roulette v1.48 (Map)

Reviews
03:31, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: Approve.
  1. 03:31, 3rd Feb 2009
    Septimus: Approve.

2. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please do not try this game at home. Unless you want to die. In which case you should find a shady bar somewhere and bet heavily.

3. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very nice concepts, but you did not mention what the modes is all about at quest log. It only been mention once you type in the mode, causing the need for user to play this game several times before knowing which modes they prefer.

I suggest you to mention what is the modes about before player select it or else the player would not know what is -eight bullet, -hardcore and etc etc is about.

I certainly recommend this game to everybody and you add the animation of them holding the gun at their own head, which is certainly a good work.

It would be even better with AI on it.

For those who play this Roulette, play it at your own risk. I test this map at single player and it seems to be free of bug.

4/5 from me.

4. VegnagunMech

VegnagunMech

Resources:
    Resources:
    The name made me lol and it looks interesting.

5. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Septimus

Yeah, I agree with you on all of those points. I just haven't gotten around to those things yet...

EDIT:
    I've added an AI and expanded the quests menu. I have not tested the AI very much, but it should at least work. It probably won't be all that intelligent at first, though.

Edit: updated to fix a horrible bug

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  6. Takahuja

Takahuja

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should make a background Story ;P

Like 12 poor ppl needs more money and go in with everything tey got in a russian roulette to create o0ne rich person Lolz

Anyway like ya map

Will rate it 5/5 because I played it on Lan and everybody enjoyed it ;P

7. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do not make the mistake of not using a revolver.

8. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One has to be extremely retarded to realize the basic mechanics of the game require a gun that doesn't have a 99.9% chance of firing.

9. Mattz101

Mattz101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol the name Grabbed my atteion and this game is just amazing 5/5

10. f0rsAk3n

f0rsAk3n

Resources:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Dude, awesome map, just like your Battle Mages, Keep up the good work :)
    5/5

11. Khaine

Khaine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good work- Like the uncommon map

But 1 question(Error): There is no entry to the underground place or?

12. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is an amazing map. Only problem I found was that sometimes when playing with a lot of computers (Like, more than 2..stupid leavers) the game bugs out, and the cumputers end up with 2-4 different bodies. and they shoot multiple times...makes it impossible to win unless you get lucky enough to have the comp blow his brains out 2-4 times at once. That is possible, but not likely...Saw it once out of maybe 30 shots in this situation?

Anyway, I don't know what caused this bug, nor how to fix it, but there ended up being 6 timers at the top of the screen as well. Other than that, though, this game is simply amazing. 5/5

13. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been trying to fix that for a long time. It's over time gotten more rare... Can you say which mode and settings were on?

14. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was 4am, I was half asleep, I think it was on random, so it was across the board. I can't say for sure though. But we had 4 comps due to leavers and it happened in 2 games in a row. i turn off green and i haven't seen it since though

15. Krzysztif

Krzysztif

Resources:
    Resources:
    Add a mode to disable the comps, if someone leaves, they should be out, sucks when you start with 10, and end up with 3 people who wanna keep playing, but you gotta wait for all the comps to go.

Also, change the bullet / target selection, double vision + heroin = impossible to play, should have either a spell menu or at least icons to choose how many bullets to put in, then randomly have to click someone.

Also, the alcohol should go down over time, as I Was just in a game with someone who won like 14 rounds, only 3 of the rounds he lost, and he was at over 500 wood. I can't imagine how impossible it was to play.

Also, make the players be allied, and allow trading of gold, for bets and such, intervals of 25 for regular and 100 for shift click, another cool thing would be allowing the trading of wood, would make for a more fun game, to just send all the wood to one player.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  16. Yay4Anime

Yay4Anime

Resources:
    Resources:
    The AI Works great, a very fun game, i found two problems, In hardcore mode, it is pretty hard for player red to click the shop, and if you get drunk.. you can barely click anything at all, and have to leave the game.

17. coolcool246

coolcool246

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

very nice just like the real thing but still......no offence dude (this doesnt effect the rating im giving u) isnt russan rulet bad or stuped cause u can kill ur self if u do it in real life :eekani: 7/10

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I had high hopes for this one. Basically players just have to watch. There's no thrill.