• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RuneForce 0.9.a

In a magical wasteland, once a peaceful place now destroyed by magic wars, 4 mighty factions meet in one of many fights for this forgotten place. Each of the factions comes with different goal.

Runeforce is based on an unique spellcrafting system, which allows creation of higly customized spells, fitting just right in every situation. Each hero has 5 runes, which allow customizing every single aspect of the spell. There are about 20 aspects (multiple possibilities how to move the spell, allowed targets, power and AOE, and so on ), which can be combined together, providing countless versions of the spells.

This mechanic can be hard to learn at first, so give it some time. There is also a guide, which you might find useful.

Map is protected!

Changes from 0.8.3c:
- another new guide - training area
- modified terrain (maybe improved, not sure about that)
- fixed minor bugs
- more random spawn place (to prevent corpse-camping)

Changes from 0.8.3b:
- fixes in player-targeting
- NEW GUIDE

Changes from 0.8.3:
- fixed potions
- movement system now compatible with "Stop" command

Changes from 0.8.2:
- hero movement slowed
- new shops with potions
- spells castable while working
- new loading and preview screen
- some other stuff i don't remember anymore

Keywords:
rune, spell, mage, demon, treasure
Contents

RuneForce 0.9.a (Map)

Reviews
21:53, 17th Aug 2009, by Rui(#24): You're wrong if you think you're about to download a "Spellcraft". "RuneForce" is an original and very interesting map once you get used to it! Approved with 3/5 rating.
Level 12
Wow someone is still playing Runeforce? That is good news, I actually thought I would fix some bugs and make it playable again, but I never found the time. If you have some interesting spells or tactics you would like to share, go ahead. Here is an example:
Drain mana (QW) is bugged and drains indifinetelly from players. That means that if you are able to put two drain spells at same position and a player nearby, they will sustain each other and stay there forever. If you put a heal(FE) on top of them, it will generate infinite amount of life-energy, creating a level 10 monster in about 5 minutes. Due to another bug, you can do it in starting area and win the game as Demonic cult without any chance of interference from other teams.

Whoa! That could pose a major balance issue hehe. But thanks for saying it's ok to post spells as I find them. I will edit this post with new ones.

*Fire Ball: FF QT TT ET EQ EQ ET ET (send out a fast homming fire projectile)
*Spell Repulsion: QT TW ET EE ET ET EE ET (drops a rune pushing all other runes away from you.)

*Add runes in the given order untill you reached your limite.

Last edited:
Level 2
I hope the project isn't dead, I played the map on Battle.net long ago, now I played it in single player and IMO it's one of the best maps created to W3. It'd be great if you'd continue developing the map.

Level 4
the game is fun somehow, but it need more playability, maybe with the diferent characters and things to atract the crowd, don't give up ;)