• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Run Like Hell!!! V.07

Reactions: deepstrasz
Hello!! I am very happy to release my first public project to the wc3 community. I hope you enjoy my simple map and would like to hear any feedback you can offer.

Run Like Hell Version 6 Final

The object of this game is very simple. Collect the keys and unlock the rooms in the dungeon as you set traps for the beast in pursuit. Get to the end of the dungeon and prepare for the beast's attack.

Note: The host can set time and difficulty at the start of the map. When u host, make sure all players have joined the map after start. The joining feature is a system that helps the game detect player and non player slots. The game will tell you when a player joins. Keep track of the number of players that join at the beginning. There are commands to kick and add players. Look for them in the quest menu. The game will start after all joined players have picked their heroes.

Credits to Elenai, JetFangInferno, EnetheruAnuon, Suselishe, s4nji, Sephiroth_VII, and Illidan(Evil)X for their custom models. Also to Vexorian for his map optimizer.

Music used in game-

Oakvale- Fable Soundtrack-Russel Shaw

Update: RLHcurrentoptV.06 - fixed some bugs. Should be able to run through now ^^

Update: RLHcurrentV.07 - fixed the beast bug.

-----------------
6/17/2015

New Update: Fixed a lot of game killing bugs and uploaded a revised version of my old map. Give it a go and tell me what you think!

Keywords:
RLH, run like hell, run, chase, dungeon, beast, keys, key
Contents

Run Like Hell!!! V.07 (Map)

Reviews
21:53, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
The game itself i find is great 'runaway' game witch as far as i kno is very unique and origional.

Theres is just one big problem hopefully not a recurring one but it's there:

I was playing by myself when running from the beast but then it just stopped following me for some reason so i was free of needing to run and i couldn't finish the game. :sad:

i'm pretty sure that this is easily fixed and an uncommon occurance in the game.

Once that problem is fixed i rate it a 4/5 game :thumbs_up:

Level 4
I had the same problem with the beast but after I set the 3 orbs it started to follow me again and raped me in the end :p

I really liked the idea, and I enjoyed the pressure while it lasted :p

4/5, fix the bug and maybe nerf a bit in single player?

Level 6
Hmm, well there is a point where the beast stops. When you're in the break area. He starts again after you leave the it-room. You have two minutes to get away. If I didnt include it... he would rape you as soon as you resumed the dungeon. Perhaps I should shorten it to 1min.

Level 4
Hmm, well there is a point where the beast stops. When you're in the break area. He starts again after you leave the it-room. You have two minutes to get away. If I didnt include it... he would rape you as soon as you resumed the dungeon. Perhaps I should shorten it to 1min.

For me it stopped when i entered the first big hall ( cave with lava etc etc ). Then I got to the break, left and it said the beast comes in: (I dont remembe), but actually it started to chase me again when I set the orbs.

Level 12
Exciting and Fun; yet simple and requires decent amount of players to win.

Run Like Hell!!!
Review by Aesthetics :thumbs_up:

Pros
[+] Very original "Run away" map.
[+] Very Exciting, considering the fact that a beast is going to maul your face if you don't find that key in time, and that tower isn't going to hold out!
[+] Includes game settings at the start with creative button use.
Cons
[-] You destroy doodads, you find the key, move on, not so sophisticated...
[-] Requires somewhat over 4 players to win; not enough players to effectively search the room for keys
[-] A scorpion, how scary, I suggest use of a different model for the beast, perhaps one uploaded to THW?
Rating: 2/5 (Lacking)

:thumbs_down: No, fix the cons, and most of all, add some gameplay.

I never actually got to the end with my squad of 3 because we were puzzled in a certain room and the beast killed us all, so I guess I can't review that part. :hohum:

Level 6
Thank you for taking the time to review my map ^^

Part of the gameplay is its simplicity. Its easy to play and its always different each time you run.

Maybe I can change the beast model, but I didnt see anything "scary" in the custom models section. He doesnt really have to be scary, he just needs to be able to eat you in a matter of seconds.

Also, you can run this dungeon all the way through with one person. My friends and I have tested it solo with no problems. Perhaps you can tell me what room you were stuck in?