• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Run away 2.0.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a very small system ( not much of it ). Basically it moves your ranged units back when attacked by a melee guy.
If you fancy a ranged char you will love it.
If you are a melee guy you will curse me.
Can be modified for heroes
[trigger=My Trigger]

Unit Range Move Back
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Distance between (Position of (Attacking unit)) and (Position of (Attacked unit))) Less than 300.00
((Attacking unit) is A ranged attacker) Equal to True
((Attacking unit) is A flying unit) Equal to False
((Attacking unit) is A melee attacker) Equal to False
(Owner of (Attacking unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
Actions
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
Wait 0.03 seconds
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Terrain pathing at ((Position of (Attacking unit)) offset by 600.00 towards (180.00 + (Facing of (Attacking unit))) degrees) of type Walkability is off) Equal to False
Then - Actions
Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Move To ((Position of (Attacked unit)) offset by 800.00 towards (180.00 + (Facing of (Attacking unit))) degrees)
Else - Actions
Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Move To ((Position of (Attacked unit)) offset by 800.00 towards (0.00 + (Facing of (Attacking unit))) degrees)
Wait 2.00 seconds
Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

[/trigger]

Keywords:
run back, ranged, dodge, system, fallen, ranged cowards
Contents

Just another Map to anoy you (Map)

Reviews
20:16, 19th Jun 2015 BPower: Too simple, uses waits, has location leaks. Learn more ... Edit: You still have tons of location leaks. I think in many cases this system does more harm than it helps. i.e maybe the range attacker is in advantage...

M

20:16, 19th Jun 2015
BPower:
Too simple, uses waits, has location leaks.
Learn more ...

Edit: You still have tons of location leaks. I think in many cases this system does
more harm than it helps. i.e maybe the range attacker is in advantage and
doesn't want to backup at all.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Nice Idea but u need to post the trigger

Agreed, the idea seems pretty nice. However I feel that it's pretty complicated to create so I got my doubts. There are so many exceptions when moving 'back' is not the best idea.

fc53e51af2dddef5a86f4ef37aa36068.png

Or where moving back will make the unit run a in another direction because of path finding.

a8086a06108e2034c86d0dea781cd4a2.png

I have not checked the code but does your code handle that properly?

Level 14
Agreed, the idea seems pretty nice. However I feel that it's pretty complicated to create so I got my doubts. There are so many exceptions when moving 'back' is not the best effort.

fc53e51af2dddef5a86f4ef37aa36068.png

LOL, a good question, he better make this a active spell so that we can toggle or scan the enemy in back before he do it or stunning all enemy he encounter when moving back or get invisible