• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG terrain - What to improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im quite new with terraining so, please tell me what to improve and well... whatever you want xD

This terrain is a forest outside the a city (other side of the walll).

Are there to few/many doodads?
Is it enough variation in it or should it be less or more?

Attachments

• rpgterrain.jpg
    rpgterrain.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,272
Last edited:
Those bones seem way out of place, probably due to the fact that they are meant to go on the sand/barrens tileset so yeah, if I were you I'd remove them.

You may want to look for a better dog model or scale down a wolf, bliz's crit dog model looks terrible.

It may just be me, but I really despise the fissure models even if they are meant to go with the certain tileset, they always seem out of place if you ask me

Other then that it seems fine, though the road seems a bit narrow - idk really depends on how big the units meant to walk on it are

Level 6
Wow dude this looks way to messy...

Hmm, first of all, try not to put the doodads on such a random places.
Second: you should change the color of some doodads just to make them fit better and not look like a fantasy world. For example, change the flowers color to like 180-180-180.
You should also remove some doodads to make the map cleaner.

Dont take it the wrong way, but you wanted to know what needed to be changed :)

Level 5

Second: you should change the color of some doodads just to make them fit better and not look like a fantasy world. For example, change the flowers color to like 180-180-180.

Hehe, dont worry ;) If i couldn't take critical thought i wouldn't have uploaded it.
I will edit some things and then add a new screenshot, but not today, working on a "Un-serious project". xD

Level 6

I was going to say it really does look to bright. Way too many colors going, you don't need so many different colored flowers, and I almost want to say you can get rid of mushrooms, but you might feel they're needed. Oh and the fissure looks out of place, but I like the path, trees, and wall in background.

Status
Not open for further replies.