• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG/Sims/FarmVille

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Sync (Game Cache) inspires me to make a game with progress-wisely persistent gameplay. You could build a base, save and exit, then resume from another session. You could also have some characters that you evolve in an RPG manner and also have them saved.

You would have two currencies: Credits (Cr), with which you get your base built and give gear to characters. Honor points (HP), which you get from giving other players a beating and lose from taking one. I don't like the idea of base raids, most likely the beating would mean to battle it out in an arena.

Diablo: You explore a world and kill and loot monsters
149517268_6e365f96d7.png

FarmVille: you build your farm with the resources you produce
farmville.jpg

Sims: You control characters as they live their lives
gameplay1.jpg

The project would be on GitHub for easy management. After some initial work I would open up project recruitment page where I'd seek for:
Object editor/designer(s): Someone with creative mind / eye for designing. Is responsible for all the object data and game balance.
Coder(s): The amount of code this project would need takes thousands of man hours. I have last year of high school starting so I really need another fellow, if not multiple, to get stuff done. I would design framework and structure and be responsible for sync/save handling. That Sync resource by TriggerHappy and the shitload of Nestharus' scripts will form the standard library. All the code would be external, implemented via //! import of course. Terrainer has the base map and he/she can play with GUI all day long.
Terrainer: Just one as I see every terrainer here has different style. I'm not a good terrainer and I would lose interest in the project after I'd see how badly the terrain represented the map.
Asset associative(s): A person, if not multiple, who can get needed assets in the map. This could be the same person as object editor, but I can't expect the talent of 2D/3D skills and object designing from one person.

My goal (if this gets attention) is to get the team phase started before 2017 and would like to see a playable version before June of 2017.

Give your initial thoughts, is this worth the effort? Would you play such map for more than once? Do you see a project member role you could fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.