• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Romance Of the Three Kingdoms (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi1

hi1

Level 5
Welcome!

This map was originally made by Seprinth and LordSquishy. It stopped updating back in 2015, so I have decided to pick it up, as I had always loved playing this map. This is my first time creating a map, so I tried to keep everything as simple as possible. In addition to the older versions, so far, I have made several improvements, balances, and new contents to the map shown below:

Background

full

This map is primarily based on a strategy game called Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (三国志13) with some influences from the Dynasty Warriors series. For ones that have not heard of these games, the setting takes place in 190AD during the late Han Dynasty of ancient China. Due to the corruption of the Imperial government, various Warlords across China began to raise an army in attempt to become the high ruler of China or for some, to restore the once glorious Han Dynasty.

Gameplay

full

The map currently features 11 players and each player gets to become one of the few infamous Warlords during the time, such as Sun Jian, Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Dong Zhuo, etc. As many Warlords had their own trusted generals or strategists, the map also currently includes a total of 27 heroes to be chosen from. However, not all heroes are available across all regions of China. Hence, the players' starting position will determine which heroes they may recruit early, and they must conquer other regions in order to recruit others. For example, Ma Chao will be available in the North Western Liang Province, while Zhao Yun will be available in the North Eastern Yi Province.

full

full

full

full

The spells of the heroes are maintained quite simple for balancing sakes, and the hero spells are divided into 3 different categories: Leaders, Strategists, Generals. Moreover, to make each hero much more unique, each of them will possess a special default passive. For instance, everyone's favorite character: Lu Bu..
full

The objective of the map is quite straightforward, just like any other strategy war maps: Raise an army and capture cities until there are no enemies left. The income system is periodic, based on the wealth of each city. The wealth of each city has already been pre-determined based on the prosperity of the city during that era. For example, Imperial cities like Luo Yang, Chang An, Xu Chang, Cheng Du offer greater income than smaller cities like Yun Nan, Xiao Pei, Chang Sha.

There are a small variety of units in the game, such as shield infantries, spearmen, cavalries, and archers. Using different combinations of units can grant big advantage in the game, and can definitely allow you to win, even when outnumbered. However, currently there isn't a unit counter system in place, but I hope to implement that in the future.

full

full

The terrain of the map does somewhat mimic the lands of ancient China. Some major differences in terrain can be seen in the South West and the North West. South Western China during the time or even now, is surrounded by numerous mountains, hills, and trees.

full

While, the North Western Liang Province is portrayed as barren lands, with more sands and rocks.

full

To make the map more historical accurate, the map contains a few historical events, as well as some random events. Historical events include, Liu Bei's Western Campaign, Emperor Yuan Shu, and Han Emperor trapped in Xu Chang. Random events include, hero illness, prosperity, floods, epidemics, pirates, bandits. In the future, I would like to add the yellow turban rebellion event to add a bit of PvE aspect to the game.

full

Lastly, please leave any ideas, comments or criticism for the map below, so the map can be more enjoyable to play!

Models from Chaos Realm and Goblin Academy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.