• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roll's Skins (Original)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello everybody ,i was wondering if i could use any of your suggestion about skin that i'm working on,and i was wondering if it's enough freehand for an upload?

Attachments

• Shot-1.JPG
    Shot-1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Shot-3.JPG
    Shot-3.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 97
  • EuropeanSoldier.blp
    209.9 KB · Views: 41
Level 28
Whatever you got inside those spoiler tags isn't showing for me. They're empty.

Now the model: I really like the idea! If you made it freehand you shouldn't have a problem uploading it. However some parts of it are poorly shaded, specially the helmet. Come on, give that helmet a real feel of metal! It is just plain grey. Make the lower parts of it with a darker shade, and the top of it with a brighter highlight, as if reflecting the sun. Same could be done to the metal parts of the shield and shoulder pads. Look at these skins for examples of shadows/highlights in metallic material:

Revenant Minion
Dragon Slayer
Twin Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.