• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Robot Wars 2.2

Reactions: potatotop
Robot Wars 2.2
It is finally here, the map were you can challenge your friends in an epic battle with war everywhere! Grab a robot, some abilities and your ready for battle! Beware of the many traps that are all over the arena! Also the most dangerous of all, the pit!

Spells:
There are 12 target point spells and twelve no target spells. 6 of these are ultimates meaning that there are 3 target point ultimates and 3 no target ultimates. Most of the spells have knockback, this can be used to knock enemies down into the pit or just knock them away for the fun of it. The less health you have, the more knockback you will receive.

Knockback Resistance:
This is not what it may sound like the first time you hear it. Knockback resistance controls how much you will become knockbacked, the more resistance the less knockbacked you will become.

Robots:
There are currently 6 different robots to choose from. Some are small, light and fast but have none or a very small amount of knockback resistance. Some are bigger but slower but have a greater amount of knockback resistance. They also have more health which also provides into less knockback.

Traps:
Currently there are 11 random events that occur every minute in battle. These are all dangerous in different ways. It's all from a storm trying to drag you down into the pit to bombs falling down from the sky, so be careful as you battle.

The pit:
The famous pit is of course also in this game. It is in the center of the map and can be activated by pressing the four switches that are placed out across the arena. When activated, you can fall down and face an instant death.

Game play:
In Robot Wars it's not the amount of kills that counts, it's how much destruction you create. Meaning the more you damage other's, the more gold you get to buy items.

After each round everyone receives a power crystal which can be used to buy a new ability or upgrade one that you already have. This means that even though someone wins round after round he will still have as many skills as you do. The winner of each round is granted 200 extra gold which can be used to buy more powerful items.

Items:

The items are pretty simple, there are some items that you can attack with such as land bombs or the explosion kit. But there are also items which can heal you or increase your maximum health.

Aiming for in the future:

Creation of a fully working spell reflector.
More deadly traps.
Team choosing system.
More robots.
More items.
And much much more. ^^

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me make this map come true.
Special thanks to:
My school mates who helped me test the map looking for bugs etc.
Flare for he's lightning system.

Screenshots:
robotwarsscreenshot1lx9.png

robotwarsscreenshot2rl1.png

robotwarsscreenshot10an2.png

robotwarsscreenshot9xo8.png

robotwarsscreenshot8av4.png

robotwarsscreenshot7cq3.png

robotwarsscreenshot6nl5.png

robotwarsscreenshot5xy9.png

Please, leave feedback and for the love of god, host the map on battlenet. I can't host but I would love to test this beauty online.:)
Thank you for reading, I will see you in the arena.;)

Version History:
Code:
1.0: Released the map.
[B]1.1:[/B] Fixed some bugs and added a new random event. Also nerfed some spells.
[B]1.2:[/B] Fixed some bugs and tool tips, also added a new item.
[B]1.3:[/B] Some major bugs fixed, you can now buy items again.
[B]1.4:[/B] Charge no longer damages yourself, Boomerang now works once again. Magnetic ball and Mystic net are no longer based on the same ability as the ones in row three (Charge, Critical Jump, Boomerang). Added a new command for player one.
[B]1.5:[/B] Arcane Bolt now travels faster for each level. The knockback of Chaotic Fire has been reduced. Added two new levels on the Knockback Resistance Kit. Increased the knockback resistance on all robots except for Light Tank. Increased the health of Heavy Tank. Reduced the health of Light Tank.
[B]1.6:[/B] Edited Iron Grip so it's a target point ability, it now picks a random enemy unit in front of you at 200 range instead of actually selecting the enemy. The casting range is set to 200 so you don't cast too far away.
Added a new game mode, you can now choose to have the pit permanently open.
Fixed the Houserobots Mystic Net again.
The small energy balls that comes from the big Energy Ball now really dies after three seconds or on collision as the tooltip says.
You are no longer granted kills from yourself when falling down the pit.
[B]1.7:[/B]Nerfed Rocket Twirl’s damage.
Bouncing Glaive and Suicide Bomber now damage 
their correct value each level.
Fixed the Multiboard, you can now keep empty
spots between players without it bugging.
Fixed some bugs in overall.
Added one new command:
“-damage”, shows the current round damage dealt
for all players.
Added a new event, when there is two robots left
a two minute countdown timer will start. When it
ends the one with the most round damage wins.
1.8: New item: Bomb Detector, reveals nearby land
bombs in the area.
Land bombs now have permanent invisibility.
Fixed Flamethrowers damage.
Fixed some leaking issues, the game should be
a lot less laggy now.
1.9: Sorry about Flamethrower, it’s the last time I say that it’s fully
working now beacause it really is. Fixed the leaver bug. Fixed the
spawning Magical Pen bug. Fixed the revive bug. You can no 
longer cast spells in the shop area. Lowered Iron Grips damage 
a lot, it’s still good though, not just overpowered anymore.
Added a new random event. Ultimates now require atleast three
spent Power Crystals.
2.0: The new version is finally here! A lot of balancing, bug removing etc! A new item and two new random events! Health kits now give health in percent. Bouncing Glaive now bounces on the pit if it's not opened. And much much more!
2.1: New items, 1 new ability, new random events and a lot of bug fixes.
2.2: A lot of new items, team mode added, replaced rocket rain.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions for the map? Feel free to post them here. Critics are more then welcome too. Don't be afraid to ask if there is anything you wonder over.

Currently searching for:
Someone who can host it on battle net.

Keywords:
robot,wars,robot wars,arena,hero arena
Contents

Robot Wars 2.2 (Map)

Reviews
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second and final time, under certain circumstances. Please don't repeatedly ask a mod or admin to review your map, as there are many other resources waiting for approval and it'd be selfish.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, use his
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review

[Yes] Author & map name
[Yes] Map description
[Yes] THW rules & regulation
[Yes] Map in English language
[Yes] No Error/Crash/Fatal error
[Yes] Quality are acceptable
[Yes] Not stolen/hack/de-protect map

Condition : Good
Review : 2

Note : Tested and seems to be working fine, but you really need to add credit list. The rules of our site indicate that you might not summit map which Contain stolen, pirated or uncredited material.

As for now, review status until you add the credit list.

Add On : It seems like you have add credit list, resources approve.

Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 3
>Please credit the CREATORS inside your MAP!!
Will do.
Edit: Fixed.

>Oh wait, this is too imba :
Ram tank.

You mean the ability Ram? Why is it overpowered? What should I change? Damage? Speed?

>And the Health kit is not working!
What...? Buying the Health Kit works. Upgrading the Health Kit works. What isn't working? Note that you can only have one Health Kit and upgrade it by clicking it in your inventory.

>+ : the game is not ending at the start! :D

What do you mean?...

Level 19
The ram ability : the tank is moving way too fast.
I took the fastest tank and it still could hit me and as you know, each hit deals serieus damage! (upgrades)

For the health kits:
we clicked on them and they didn't work for some reason to restore health(?)

And for the ending:
the game didn't ended here.
It just continued, but without units.

Level 3
>The ram ability : the tank is moving way too fast.
I took the fastest tank and it still could hit me and as you know, each hit deals serieus damage!

Of course it moves fast, if you could avoid it too easy then it would be useless. There are abilities such as Shield, Jump and Charge that can be used to protect yourself or avoid his/her attacks. Believe me, my friend uses Ram all the time, when you learn to avoid it correctly it will be pointless for him to use it. Magnetic Ball is also good in order to drag him away giving him a new course so he misses you.

Health kits doesn't restore health. Repair kit does. If you read at the bottom of the tooltip you can see the price of upgrading it to the next level. Health kits grants you extra maximum health.

Fixed the ending part.

Level 3
>But I'm pretty sure the health kit didn't worked somehow, neither for me and the players.
Impossible, I just tested it. Me and my friends has also used them a lot in our fights without any problems.

>They even dropped the item etc..
Yes, if you equip another Health Kit when your already wearing one you will drop it.

>hi, I tested your map on battle.net, and it was very funny.
I'm glad you like it. ^^

>very nice spells, and items (can be more).
Yes, more items will be made in coming versions.

>But I found one bug: Before I died, I used the Explosion Pack, but before the timer expires the opponent killed me. And then, I did not respawn...
Strange... But fixed. Similar problems has appeared when others played the map, such as your not invulnerable and such. I now run a trigger that sets your health to 100%, giving you invulnerable and revives you every two seconds when there is no battle. Now it should be impossible not to become invulnerable, revived or damaged when there is no battle.

If anyone can host this for me please tell me, I want to play it on Battlenet so much! ^^

Level 3
>edit: ahh.. I found another 'bug'. At the beginning of each round, the Heavy tank sometimes is out of the magical fence... anyway he can't move....[/QUOTE]
Hm... I can lower his collision size, that would solve that problem.

>Did you fix the item upgrade of that kit that decreases KB?
What version was it bugged in? If it was the latest then no, then I will have to have a check on that.

Level 2
1.6 and 1.7. Oh and the dmg for the flamethrower is still not fixed. And different kinds of tanks seem to get different speed bonuses when they use ram, although i'm not so sure about that.

Level 3
Will have a look on the KB resistance kit then.

>Oh and the dmg for the flamethrower is still not fixed.
I will check that and fix it, will do it tomorrow though since it's 1.48 AM here and I'm really tired.

>And different kinds of tanks seem to get different speed bonuses when they use ram
Impossible. The movement is done with triggers and triggers only. The tank is sliding over the ground and it's movement speed has nothing to do with it.

Level 3
You mean the random event spawning land bombs or the item ones?

It will take a little extra time for the next version to come out, I accedently corrupted the unprotected version. Lucky for me I had a copy from 1.6, so I have to remake 1.7

Oh and by the way, I fixed Flamethrowers damage bug.

Level 4
Hey There ^^
Great map, glad i played it, really. Some minor bugs and glitches, and there seem to be some memory-leaks because whenever i play it (even on lan), others complain about the immense lag that builds up after some time... Well, just try to find where the leaks are and fix them.
Gameplay is great fun. The Tanks and the spells need to be slightly balanced, but thats nothing big. Items are fine, Triggers are nice work, the arena is cool... Well, looking forward to meeting you online ;)
toodles
Xel

Level 2
>Impossible. The movement is done with triggers and triggers only. The tank is sliding over the ground and it's movement speed has nothing to do with it.
You're right, i didn't realize that the speed increases with the level because i used to buy only lvl 1 and 2. Nooby me ^^

Level 3
>and there seem to be some memory-leaks because whenever i play it (even on lan), others complain about the immense lag that builds up after some time...
Hm... I will look through the triggers that could cause that... None of the spells leaks but it's possible there are at other places when moving units etc...

>The Tanks and the spells need to be slightly balanced,
Could you tell me what spells/tanks you think should be changed? It's not easy for me to know what's balanced and what's not when you say some of them aren't. ^^

>Well, looking forward to meeting you online ;)
If only I could host...

>I mean every bomb
Could do that... It's true that it's a bit too easy to avoid them yes. And you will notice if someone uses the land bomb item anyway since they explode right after each other. But then again, maybe I should add an item that tracks them? An expensive true sight... Will add that to 1.8

>The Tanks and the spells need to be slightly balanced,
Could you tell me what spells/tanks you think should be changed? It's not easy for me to know what's balanced and what's not when you say some of them aren't. ^^

I think the ability (I don't know the name) which makes, that you, and the
oppenent in front of you jumps, and then fall on the ground...it does, I think 500 damage on level 2 or 1...

And the gravity missile is on lvl 5 is too good. It draws all units with a high
speed to the missile, and there is a minimal chance to avoid this missile. Even
the fastest tank is drawn by this ability to the missile, but I think the damage is
ok.

Level 10
Can't you make, a passiv ability, which pushes enemies away when you drive into an enemy?

Great map, but I miss a more Cristalls Game mod... That means, more Abilitys at the beginning... Because at the beginning isn't it so interesting.

cedi

Level 3
>I think the ability (I don't know the name) which makes, that you, and the
oppenent in front of you jumps, and then fall on the ground...it does, I think 500 damage on level 2 or 1...

Iron Grip, I nerfed it a lot in the latest version.

>And the gravity missile is on lvl 5 is too good. It draws all units with a high speed to the missile, and there is a minimal chance to avoid this missile. Even the fastest tank is drawn by this ability to the missile
I will lower it some in the next version.

>Can't you make, a passiv ability, which pushes enemies away when you drive into an enemy?
Could work but then in item form.

>Great map, but I miss a more Cristalls Game mod... That means, more Abilitys at the beginning... Because at the beginning isn't it so interesting.
You mean as in the latest Warlock maps were the host can decide how much hold everyone should start with? I don't know really... Everyone would start with ultimates and it wouldn't really be any battle. I might add it as a mod but then you won't be able to buy ultimates the first three rounds...

>Probably you could add a gamemode in which you can turn on/off the housebots...
I guess...

Level 2
Ah, you already did :), try to add some new weapons ^^. I would suggest laser baton- a laser "sword" comes out of the side of the tank as stays there for 5 seconds, you can move around and slash your opponents with it :). Or Vampiric Shotgun, Fires a splitshot at a very high speed but small range and it would deal 200 dmg (if all bullets hit) if you have more than 30% HP or it would deal no dmg(instead they will heal you for 100[if they all hit]) if you have more.

Level 2
>>Probably you could add a gamemode in which you can turn on/off the housebots...
I guess...

Or you could make a mode that would make them run around the map and destroy anything in their way, even themselves :)

Level 3
Delta21, thanks for the spell suggestions. But I don't think those would fit in the map really, trying to move around close to others isn't often very easy. It would be close to impossible to damage someone during the five seconds and at the same time you would be invincible against charge, jump and ram if it was any longer than that.

Sorry, but the game mode sound really weird and not really thought through...
But again, thanks for the suggestions. :)

Level 3
Yes sorry about that, fixed that now and it will be updated in the next version.

Fixed for the next version:
Magnetic Ball no longer skips through spell amount requirement.
Elemental Wrath deals damage already in the twirl and the projectiles won't disappear when used close to the Arena wall.
Shield levels up.
If you take more damage than the shield can absorb then the overdamage will be shown. (The remaining damage after absorbing a part of it.)
The mortar teams and the volcano (random events) no longer shoots on specific points. They now shoot fully random over the arena.
A new item has been added.
The ability Charged Explosion is going to be replaced, don't know with what yet.
You no longer receive gold or damage when damaging someone with a shield unless you break it, then you will receive the overdamage amount.

If you find any more bugs please post them here.

Level 7
The Adding/Remove message spams.
The team is bugged, it doesn't show my team members as allies.
I also suggest to change leaver's name to "LEAVER" or something, since you colored the names.

Attachments

• fuckno.JPG
    fuckno.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 190
Level 1
This is a great map but could you make the Arena larger and more complex (possibly by adding more height differences)?

Level 2
Geat innovative idea.
Time and Space item is bugged (player becomes permanently invulnurable) unless he drops item.
With some timing it is possible to place bombs outside arena. Players killed outside won't reenter the arena.

Level 3
I'm not sure why but when I try to host/create the map I get an fatal wc3 error.
Tried on SP/Bnet/LAN
Running Warcraft TFT 1.26a
Any suggestion as to why?

EDIT:
Noticed other people having issues with the new patches aswell, the map appear quiet nice. hurry up and fix it lad x)

Level 7
I'm not sure why but when I try to host/create the map I get an fatal wc3 error.
Tried on SP/Bnet/LAN
Running Warcraft TFT 1.26a
Any suggestion as to why?

EDIT:
Noticed other people having issues with the new patches aswell, the map appear quiet nice. hurry up and fix it lad x)

Yes, this map only works for warcraft 3 1.22. You can play it with your friends (just in lan sadly) by using a tool called Version Switcher, with it you can change warcraft 3 into any older version, then going back to 1.26.

I used to try a lot of things in warcraft 3 triggers and terraining but I am actually retired from mapping :vw_death:. With my remaining knowledge of Warcraft 3 editor I saw there about 600 mistakes in triggers needing to be solved/replaced. They seem a lot but this is awesome and purely made of triggers. If someone helps, I wouldn´t mind making an effort and try to restore this map to battle.net