• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ripper Sword

This sword's jagged edge causes severe pain.
(Teamcolor on red area of handle)
Update 5/15/11
--Shortened Hilt
--Connect Hilt to blade
--Lengthened Blade
--Layered Skull
--Thickened start of blade
--Made horns thinner and more properly connected
--Straightened blade

Update 9/05/12
--Horns are now lined up closer to the blade
--Back of skull extended
--Re-uploaded the model. After seeing many of hiveworkshop's greatest resource developers leave, I decided to re-submit my resources after them being gone for over a year. I shouldn't have let my pride cause me to take my resources down so long ago. Anyway, I hope some people find use in this.

Update 09/11/12
--Improved Wrap on Horns
--Lowered File Size by 0.45 KB

The pack is up! Check out the [thread=223860]Bone Pack[/thread] for a convenient download!

Keywords:
sword, ripper, jagged, bone, skull, horn, blade
Contents

Ripper Sword (Model)

Reviews
13:05, 15th May 2011 General Frank: Work in-game and performs well. Quite creative idea and good execution. Approved.

M

13:05, 15th May 2011
General Frank:

Work in-game and performs well.
Quite creative idea and good execution.
Approved.

Uh... If I were allowed to rate my own model, I wouldn't give this higher than a 4/5, and definately wouldn't +rep myself. You give high ratings too easily. Thanks for the rating, though. Anyone else, please rate it, even if you think it sucks, I still want your rating so that the overal rating will ring true.
Also, don't say +rep if you don't actually give +rep. I checked my rep and you did not actually give any.

Uh... If I were allowed to rate my own model, I wouldn't give this higher than a 4/5, and definately wouldn't +rep myself. You give high ratings too easily. Thanks for the rating, though. Anyone else, please rate it, even if you think it sucks, I still want your rating so that the overal rating will ring true.
some people are easilly impressed, I for one think the blade start is still too thin, but it's ok :3
Also, don't say +rep if you don't actually give +rep. I checked my rep and you did not actually give any.
and.. don't talk about rep, this could be interpreted wrongly, just practice and don't worry, it'll come xD

Anyway, I made the blade slightly thicker at the hilt (yet again).
I also lined up the blade and hilt perfectly. When viewed from the other side (the skull is broken, and you can see through the back) the blade connects with the hilt. I cannot make the blade any thicker or it will be thicker than the hilt, and if I make the hilt any thicker, it will not look very good.
For whatever reason the blade looks abnormally frail and thin in the screenshot, but the actual model looks fine in Magos.

KayS, just because the attachments you make are so incredible that they cause the viewer to jizz his pants doesn't mean that all models need to be. This sword is for use with large armies, so it is with less detail. If you put too much detail into a weapon, making it look too unique, then it only works if it's a weapon that only one person, I.E. a hero in a rpg, would have. This, however, is more of a barbaric weapon which you might see used by skeletons or barbarians.