• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Rifleman's attack range upgrade skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there, I am still making my map and here comes a really and I mean a REALLY BIG trouble! this skill I want to create seems impossible. Let me explain it:
The skill is named "Take aim", it is an active skill with no target based on "roar", the skill increases your attack range by 120,240,360,480,600, I have made many, many triggers, but I just can't do it, it is just impossible to me, have you any idea in how to do it? thanks in advance!...

Level 1
Passive Hero Transformation? Also you should use channel as the base for custom abilities

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/hero-passive-transformation-198482/

You gave me an idea.
I created a copy of my hero and used Methamorphosis as the base of my new "take aim" skill, the copy of my hero has the tech-upgrade of +120/+240/+360/+480/+600 range increase, so when I use "take aim" (methamorphosis), my hero changes to the copy of him. The copy of him gains the range upgrade. To increase the range I just create a trigger that increases the current research when the hero learns-upgrades the skill, very easy!

Level 26
well you can try adding a super long attack range, then just setting acquisition range to a small value, then just modify the acquisition range

Contrary to popular belief, this does not work. The attack range is only limited by the acquisition range in the object editor. Changing aquisition range via trigger does not affect the attack range.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Ironically this sort of ability is one of the few things SC2 does easier than WC3. In WC3 you need to use unit type changes from abilities such as metamorphosis, possibly combined with once off upgrades. In SC2 you can just add a behaviour to the unit that increases range.

I will never really get why WC3 range is kind of useless. It does not even extend to match the cast range of autocast arrows (and in fact casting said arrows beyond attack range can cause the unit animations to bug out).

Status
Not open for further replies.