• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rice Feild :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
_26_0037.jpg

Try doing somthing more like this

Level 6
i think its a lil too up close to the lake, take the screen shot out a bit, you cant really see much... just a few trees in the back, a lake with ferns in it, and a lil shrubs in the front. take the screen shot out more so you can add more stuff to make it more interesting... other than that i think its fine.

Level 4
um. I think u should terraing more, so u can get it better!

Tro to make terrain looks like:
42b16bcceaa0caaemed.jpg

Use more plants models, more green, more grass! And change camera

Level 8
It is "i" before "e" except after "c" ;)

(field not feild).

Besides its not really a rice field either, it would be a rice patty. ;P

Yours looks like an overgrown pond in the middle of the jungle.

Most rice patties are farms, usually dug out or damned up fields that are flooded - usually near or next to other crops like vegetable gardens (for small farms, family farms).

As with other crops, rice patties are rectangular or squared, it makes it easier to plant the rice plants in rows: DCP: 45 degrees north, 128 degrees east (visit #1) - All Pictures gives you an idea what rice patty looks like. Mind how it is exposed to lots and lots of light. Like most of the veg and fruit you eat, rice requires lots of full sun conditions in order to grow.

Also note the dry 'paths' between the patties, this allows the farmer to inspect the patties without getting his/her feet wet and also allows for control of irrigation.

Patty water is either muddy (when cleaning and cultivating of the rows takes place) or is perfectly clear. Patties only have a few inches of water in them, the clay soil is usually saturated and what water that is allowed in is to maintain a muck for the rice.

Humans cultivate rice like most other crop plant, in straight rows. It makes it easier to cultivate *use a hoe between the rows to remove weed or pest plants* and easier to walk between the plants to inspect for pests and disease and later to harvest without crushing/killing the crop.

From this data:

Remove your 'rice' and place in tidy rows. Raise the bed slightly, make it muddy (use sand or some other dark dirt like tile to mimic mud). Square it off, brighten your image - bring in lots of sunlight rice loves the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.